IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Searched around for this topic, but didn't really find an answer to the question I'm about to ask. Have had my SRI installed for about a week now, and I'm not completely satisfied with the product. I'm not sure if it's just me, but my car seems to feel slower during hard acceleration (Could be I'm just gettin used to the acceleration :confused:) - The turbo always seems to kick in with a slight stutter, not as smoothly as before. Since it's not a CAI, I've summed it down to simply because of the engine bay temperature, but I'm still not sure if that's the case. It is pretty darn hot here in Houston at the moment, so that's obviously not helping if heat is the issue. If heat is causing this, would purchasing an aftermarket turbo heatshield (such as Cobb's one) help? Are there any other solutions or reasons as to what I'm saying...or is it just me?

I guess if I can't figure this out I'll pop it up for sale. I'll be missing that lovely sound that came with it though :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Well any shielding you can do to help hetasoak will be a plus. I dont think you are seeing heat soak though. Shudder as you describe is not a heat related problem per sey. There could be problems with your changed intake and the MAF. Usually they are bolt on and go items but every car is different..

·
Registered
150 Posts
i run a perrin sri with no issues, did you try resetting the ecu and go out for a "spirited drive"?
if you still dont like it, sell me your filter:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts