IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know... sorry too many threads, but one of real importance. I was wondering why the heck it was doing this. Its been leaking that oily junk for the past 2-3 weeks now and I was wondering why.

Robert~

Also I understand it looks like a little, but thats cause I wipe it up every now and then. I think that was the "smell coming from my engine bay when going fast. As I guess it would somehow get into the cabin *shrug* as I wiped it away it hasnt smelled since.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Try less oil. foam filters have a harder time holding oils than other designs. Also, if you can remove the foam, soak it then squeeze it in an old towel. I'm just guessing a little too much oil(ck the maf sensor), or the engine is burping gas air mix back through the intake and it builds up over time. Let me know what you find out because I'm putting a txs short intake on soon. Sin52

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm ... good point... maybe its just from the compression charge with the bovs i've had? to where it'd recoil, maybe it is just "burping" the mix back up. I'll see what happens... thanks for the input

Robert~

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I would suggest taking the foam filter out and reclean it and reoil it, this time squeeze as much out as possible (if you can remove the foam). I know too much oil can foul your MAF and that is an expensive part to replace. I had a foam filter on my VW and it did not leak like that, but I made sure that it was not over oiled.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya i will contact perrin and see what they say. Im the foam comes out it'd just be a pain and a MESS to reach down in there and yank it out... I'll see what they say. Thanks for everyone's input.

Robert~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts