IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the Perrin GT30R rotated mount turbo kit. Do any aftermarket FMIC line up with it, besides Perrin's???? And Anyone with this Turbo, could you leave some feedback on your satisfaction with it? How you have you setup??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

·
Registered
890 Posts
Great turbo! love it... You can check out my build over on nasioc, just do a search under "harman" and the thread is titled "05 sti harman 30r" or something close to that...

·
Registered
182 Posts
aps works

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
perrin needs better instructions! the perrin fmic barely works with their own turbo kit. The pipe they supply with the turbo kit to hook up to the fmic charge pipe needs some more fabbing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I wasn't a big fan of the turbo to intercooler connector. I'm running a TXS intercooler. I happened to have a stock 04 WRX catback laying around so I just cut a section of pipe off of that (look down through the rear muffler section and you'll find the right bend in there somewhere) which happened to be 2" ID and only ~2 1/8" OD. Got a 2" silicone coupler with some T-bolts and had the end's of the pipe rolled to help with sealing and it works just fine.

Instead of using that pipe for boost reference I had a weld placed on the IC pipe a little before the throttle body and tapped it for the nipple that's included with the kit. I was having a small surge issue when using the manifold for boost reference.

So far I like the kit. It put down 380whp before the clutch slipped and had to end dyno tuning. There's obviously a lot more left in it so I'll have it retuned when I get a new clutch and I'll go blow-through at the same time.

I didn't use the BigMAF that was included with the kit. It necks down to a smaller size anyway with a ton of potential tuning issues so I'll probably just throw it out. No need to trick the MAF when using speed density under load. Idle is fine with the TXS MAF housing except for one really bad rough spot but I've run enough tests to know that it's not MAF related.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the perrin gt30r with the .82 hot side. absolutely love it now that I got it working properly. It definitely hits full boost later then a cobb stage 2, but in my opinion it's a lot more driveable b/c the power is more gradual/smoother. it's an absolute joy to drive, I couldn't be happier.

i also have the aps 525 fmic. the connection w/ the turbo didn't line up for anything. the fix was a $15 silicon hose with a 45 degree bend - nothing complicated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts