IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I just installed the light weight crank pulley by perrin a couple of hours ago and i noticed after driving for about 15 minutes there is a very faint belt squeek noise. COuld this be from the belt not being tight or to tight? I check it several times and it feels tight. Could this possibly be from the finish of the metal on the perrin CP?

·
Registered
328 Posts
sti002 said:
hey I just installed the light weight crank pulley by perrin a couple of hours ago and i noticed after driving for about 15 minutes there is a very faint belt squeek noise. COuld this be from the belt not being tight or to tight? I check it several times and it feels tight. Could this possibly be from the finish of the metal on the perrin CP?
The squeek is likely due to the belt not being tight enough. Adjust the tension bolt a bit more and the noise should go away.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would have guessed that the squeak would have been from the belts being too tight. Play around with them because the finish on the pulley will not make the noise.

BTW, how are the gains from the pulley? It looks like a well made piece and the weight loss looks very sizeable. Let us know.

·
Registered
260 Posts
They say the perrin pulley is equivalant to 100 puunds taken from you car, our stock pulley ways 5.7 lbs the perrin is 1.2 i believe. I had the same problem, the belt was off by a fraction thats enough for it to squeek. Make sure everything is tight as well bro.

Mike

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i wasnt sure if i should make it tighter or loosen it a bit but then i was thinkin, maybe it squeeks because of the type of finish the pulley has, mainly cuz its anodized and its really smooth. I fixed it by tightening the alternator tension bolt.

In regards to the "power gains" i noticed a slight bit more response in the peddle when i reved it, also i know for a fact that by reducing the inertia wait of the stock one which by the way a significant amount heavier!!!
I think for the price it was worth it because i held both the stock and the perrin hand and hand and i couldnt believe the difference in weight!, thanks again for your guys' comments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts