IW STi Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (12-21-13)

Car:*Grey 07 STI Limited

Fav Mod:*GF + Victoria Secret

SoCalSubies Addict since: Oct 2012

It's been a year since I've noticed wastegate flutter in my CA tune. Now I finally know what's the culprit. ECBS. Damn thing was slowly degrading due to heat soak from engine. ECBS was attached to air intake manifold and I guess it didn't like that. So I bought a new one and placed it in the stock location away from the engine.*
Going to the desert expedited it's death and the solenoid died in the closed position allowing me to safely boost on wastegate spring pressure. What a nice safety feature :3
However right before it died I got 33 psi out of a 19 psi map for 3 seconds... that was awesome! I want more boost now lol

And now wastegate flutter is gone at WOT and even the wastegate is releasing better.*
So remember kids... don't put your ecbs near hot stuff

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (04-28-14)

hey man hows your car doing? i seen you posted your turbo wasnt hitting boost anymore or something like that. did u fix it by replacing the ebcs?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

hey man hows your car doing? i seen you posted your turbo wasnt hitting boost anymore or something like that. did u fix it by replacing the ebcs?
Yes! ECBS was going bad, the desert trip cooked it good. Got a new one and all is well!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #106

Got some updates!

Front bumper (the lip portion) needs some TLC. Going to chip off the paint and then prime and sand down. There are multiple cracks that need to be filled and restored.
I have door dings from ******** that I am also going to sand and prime.
Once the car is free of dings and scratches I am going to vinyl the whole car
I am going to use matte dark grey. the subie will look sexy than ever! I already got the roof done. It took some patience but came out very well for it being my first time.
Also my all my struts have failed. They are popping very bad and dont compress. Need to get a new passenger front fender liner so i stop kicking dirt and water into my cold air intake filter. In all, I am looking at about $500 to get all that taken care of. Goingto get it all done this week hopefully!

help from my friend Ron

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)

Alright hookers! I have been slaving away, but here it is!!

What you see here is a job I did myself (with some extra hands for pull n tug)

3M 1080 Matte Dark Grey all around; front bumper, side skirts, rear fender trim is bedlined. Door handles are plasti dipped with a clear gloss finish added.

What would have cost me well over $2500 for shops to do (vinyl/ bedline) only cost me $600. And there are NO creases and NO bubbles. It took over 2 weeks to complete but shes finally done-ish!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (06-19-14)

Rhino liner is easy to fix if and is very durable. When I go off roading it prevents the front bumper from spiderweb cracks, chips and make the bumper even more flexible.
I did it to the side skirts and rear fender trim because when I do 60mph drifts in the desert, rocks and debris still find its way around the mud flaps and hit the side skirts and fender trims.
Again just makes it easy to repair. Seeing this subie in person looks very aggressive.
Gloss black is used as an offset color for the bumper, mirrors and door handles. Every one who has seen it has fell in love with the subie

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (06-19-14)

Finally light TLC!!

Rustoleum soft flat iron grey halo rings and markers and gloss black for the lights with a clear coat.
Rustoleum vinyl spray

101 - 113 of 113 Posts