IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (5-21-13)

awesome build man i enjoyed watching this thing come along. im doing the exact same build as you right now except i went with cp pistons and pauter rods because cobb tuning said cosworth USA is going out of business and there parts may be hard to find. my cars at cobb tuning plano and i should have it back in about a month also i will be tuned on 93 octane im wanting to make over 400whp on there dyno and from the looks of your build i will :D
what PSI where you running?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

awesome build man i enjoyed watching this thing come along. im doing the exact same build as you right now except i went with cp pistons and pauter rods because cobb tuning said cosworth USA is going out of business and there parts may be hard to find. my cars at cobb tuning plano and i should have it back in about a month also i will be tuned on 93 octane im wanting to make over 400whp on there dyno and from the looks of your build i will :D
what PSI where you running?
They are? wow I wouldn't of guessed that. man they are the best in my opinion
They did 3 different maps, 12, 17, 22 PSI

·
Registered
38 Posts

They are? wow I wouldn't of guessed that. man they are the best in my opinion
They did 3 different maps, 12, 17, 22 PSI
That's what chris from cobb tuning plano said. i was surprised too because cosworth does alot of stuff for F1 and they know there stuff. so you made 410whp on 22 psi?
that's pretty damn good! i just ordered a omni 4 bar map sensor just incase i run more than 23 psi. i watched your build videos for about an hour. you're dad is awesome!! have you got to drive the car yet?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

That's what chris from cobb tuning plano said. i was surprised too because cosworth does alot of stuff for F1 and they know there stuff. so you made 410whp on 22 psi?
that's pretty damn good! i just ordered a omni 4 bar map sensor just incase i run more than 23 psi. i watched your build videos for about an hour. you're dad is awesome!! have you got to drive the car yet?
yup!
oh yes i drove all the way from WA to CA and it was amazing! 4th gear and flooring it sucks you to your seat haha

·
Registered
616 Posts

I've actually ran my car a couple years without an AOS while running a FMIC, and it's actually fine! But it would be nice to have one to keep the intercooler and boost tubes clean.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (6-16-13)

Got a high pitch brake squeel from the front, pads still have a lot of life in them. Going to get new tires soon cause the crappy ones that came with the car arn't holding up to my driving :)
Possible suspension work in the near future. Need to get a cali tune soon

·
Registered
9,122 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (7-20-13)

You go to a shady smog emission place and pay them $50 to pass your car
Or if your military like me, I am required to abide by washington laws and not Cali's stupid shit. So i'm a free man haha
Everything is going great on the car!! 10k on the build and sill strong :))))))

81 - 100 of 113 Posts