IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (4-22-13)

May 17th is the Cobb surgeline tune date! Got the SD cards ready for video and pics can't wait!

Today the car didn't start. As it turns out, the gas is no longer good and turned orange!!
Extracting the gas out of the gas tank and cleaning the sparkles
Sh!t happens

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

Having problems with the ECU!
It's not liking COBB's temporary map and its popping the same false code for stage 1 and 2.
I don't remember what it is but it's one that hey have never seen before.
They are working diligently to get it resolved before the 17th!

·
Registered
38 Posts

damn dude not good. best of luck getting it ready for the 17th cant wait to see results :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

CEL code P1560 "Backup voltage circuit malfunction" is the problem

It doesn't show up till AFTER the COBB map is installed. Meaning the stock map had been tampered with and the fault code was covered up with some type of software installation.
My dad is in the middle of figuring out why that is.

P1560 indicates a problem with the full-time 12V supply to the ECU. So It could be as simple as a fuse (SBF5) or a ground improperly placed or not placed at all. Or something a lil more expensive as the wiring harness needs to be replaced.

Other than that little surprise everything is going great! 11 days till the tuning session

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (5-6-13)

The winner of this problem is none of the above and goes to my ECU and all of its rustiness....
F*** me right? haha
wiring harness looks okay and no sign of corrosion but I may get another. new ECU on the way part no. 22611AM411

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

Wow, are you saying the ECU was physically damaged?
2 of the capacitors were rusted badly and I guess the wire harness to ECM doesn't match to the car.
I'm kind of stumped on the wire harness, can't find the part number to it. i'd like to have a new wire harness (part that goes to ECU through fire wall) just in case its bad too

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

Subaru sells the wiring harness for 1K... that would be my last choice.
S & S auto has a used wiring harness for $200.
There are a few sellers on ebay selling the connecter plugs/ wires i seek for $40. There being 50+ wires to crimp would be a PITA but it save money.

As a little side note, new ECU means taking the car to the nearest subaru dealer and programming the ECU so it recognizes my key, immobilizer and other functions.

·
Registered
616 Posts

Make sure to uninstall the AP before you install the new ECU! Otherwise the AP is going to think you're plugging it into a different car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)

Looks like it went through a flood! Not good!
Nope... that's the first thing I thought when I saw the picture myself. Water damage on electronics never lie.
On the bright side, I still got an STI for a steal. It just sucks that this is being uncovered right before the tuning.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

So after scrambling to find the best priced OEM ECU, ebay was selling one new and free fast shipping for $350.($535 + $60 for shipping through Subaru). After 4 days of no conformation of shipping (and freaking out) I came to the conclusion this person isn't paying attention to his sale so I jumped through ebay's hoops to call the guy and sure enough thats what it was.
Subaru appointment on Wednesday to get the ECU programmed to my car. $105
Crossing my fingers the CEL goes away

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (1-22-13)

Can you get full coverage on cars with a salvage title in your state? I too think ~$20k is too much for a car with a salvage title. I paid $22K for mine a few years ago.
Yes I have full coverage, but if the car gets totalled they will only pay back 75% due to the salvaged title

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (5-12-13)

The ECU is what caused the CEL!
Got the car ready for COBB surgeline (next day)
Once at COBB, they inspected and found the endlinks reversed, oil pressure sensor leaking (not screwed tight enough) , BOV not hooked up properly and they didn't like how my dad used one hose instead of 4 for the turbo.
Pretty much went down there only to pay $334 for them to install BOV correctly and reroute the vaccum hoses and tell me that my car is too dangorous to drive and dyno. They didn't like the setup cause they didn't do it. So I was pretty upset after that and scrambled to get another tune set up with Pacific Import Auto in WA.
Had a lot of high hopes with COBB but what I was thinking they would do vs. how they run things are totally different.
They are a great company its just they are very stickler on car setups. So make sure your car is 110% before you go to your tune!!
It took a day just to put the sub and sub enclosure together and wired to the channel amp. Then another day to wire all the compnent speakers and coxial speakers. The system sounds AMAZING!
Got a turbo timer on the way and will install that tomorrow.
Thursday is the tune and my last chance of getting the subie drivable so I can drive down to SD before leave expires. Hoping all goes well!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Re: Perrin & Cosworth 07 STI Limited Updated! (5-21-13)

The project is finally complete!!!
Took the car to Pacific Import Auto here in WA and they tuned it up!
410 WHP and 400 FT LB. Which is perfect because that is all that i wanted

61 - 80 of 113 Posts