IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time no see. I bought my 2004 WRX STi on 03/03/2004 and sold it to John on 01/09/2010. It was a lot of fun, Stage 2 Pro-tuned car with a whole bunch of toys.

Around April 2007 I drove the Lexus ISF at Fontana International Raceway in Los Angeles, CA.

I swore if I ever get rid of the STi, the ISF will take its place someday. Sadly, I sold the STi to pay for my condo. :(

Well, after 3 years of driving a somewhat boring car (getting dusted by M3's and other clowns, although my serious racing days are officially over), on 01/05/2013 I made the dream come true:

Here she is, my 2013 Lexus ISF:

You can guess what that's for right? LOL

Very different beast than the STi. You have get used to how this automatic transmission works. It will drive you crazy in the beginning.

Mods: none. Leaving this thing alone.

She's a very ANGRY monster, especially top end power.......the engine is of course the one and only 5.0 V8 from Toyota....cough cough...Yamaha. 416 bhp and 371 lbs-ft to play around with. Brembo 6 pistons up front, 2 piston in the rear. Cabin is pretty quiet for the most part, and almost no rattles.

Ok, I will be honest, I had to put a K&N air filter in it, but that's it! No more mods. :)

Cheers,

P.

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
No mods, right. That won't last long, check back in about 8 months.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Baddass ride......I'm jealous ;).

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do miss the STi hissing noises through the APS 65mm CAI............it sounded like a pissed off Cobra snake that was about to bite you.

This thing sounds like a lion roaring.

No mods I said. LOL

·
Registered
173 Posts
My buddy has a 2010 and says you can't Mod it very much as the ECU is non programmable?
Have fun, they are nice rides.

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not many very mods, and definitely no ECU modding.

Most common mods are CAI, headers, exhaust, port/polish intake manifold and of course.....Nitrous Oxide.

You can get this car to 400 RWHP and more.

Thanks for all the props.

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
16,000 miles now. The folks at work call the car a "Super model" since I don't drive it to work.

No mods. Bone stock down to the air filter. Runs great on RedLine Oil.

May be moving out East (NC), so the 2nd car will happen for sure.

Then the house to house all the cars.

Then a 3rd car maybe? LOL Camaro ZL1 HP750 or RC-F............

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What part of NC?
Finally moved. Sold my place for cash and bolted out. I do miss NorCal, maybe will be back someday when I have a million dollars in the bank.

I'm in the RTP area.

Did I say no mods? LMAO, the PPE headers should be here soon. Probably 385 RWHP when done. HPS intake on now, but it only replaces the mid section, the stock airbox with the dual stage is still there.

Not really driving this car, I'm driving an old Subaru Forester belonging to a good friend of mine until I buy a daily driver, maybe a Forester Turbo.

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice! you should check out the local Triangle Subaru Owners Club on facebook!
I usually attend the Cars N Coffee in Morrisville, usually with another white ISF.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts