IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the injector shopping phase right now and i've been trying to find out is there any true difference between the PE and Helix injectors? I know both have Denso core...and i've already read the thread stating the crappyness of the Helix injectors.

I'm looking for 850cc injectors...so jec/nismo is not an option.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i know you say you have read it...but here is the thread again.....:rolleyes:

from reading wolfplayers posts he seems to be very knowledgeable about tuning and seems to have dealt with many injector types and styles.....

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54189&highlight=helix+injectors

i personally have pe850's and love them, they seemed easy to tune, they were easy to install and you cant argue with numbers...lots of people seem to be using them. i think if youre looking to price shop...injectors are not somewhere you want to cut corners.

-corey

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ImprezivSTi04 said:
i know you say you have read it...but here is the thread again.....:rolleyes:

from reading wolfplayers posts he seems to be very knowledgeable about tuning and seems to have dealt with many injector types and styles.....

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54189&highlight=helix+injectors

i personally have pe850's and love them, they seemed easy to tune, they were easy to install and you cant argue with numbers...lots of people seem to be using them. i think if youre looking to price shop...injectors are not somewhere you want to cut corners.

-corey
Lots of people use Helix as well.

"I'll add a little bit too. This is an interesting initial post because from everything that is known, the Helix 860s are pretty much identical to the PE850s and the Sard 850s (except for the extra modification needed here)." -Stated by Gruppe-S

"In our experience, the two are indistinguishable (other than the large cost difference). They have different on-times and latency periods but the build quality and functionality of them appears to be identical." -Gruppe-S

You seem biased to the PE...but it was commented that the build quality are the same. If both PE and Helix have the same build quality and functionability...that of course anyone would go with a the cheaper one.

Other than that...the thread didn't go into any in-depth discussions between the two.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Have there been any good comments about the Helix injectors that did not come from Gruppe-S?

I am quite happy with my PE850's.

·
Registered
286 Posts
anthongy817 said:
Eh..what the hell...just ordered the PE 850cc with the walbro fp kit. Found a really good combo deal on it for $574.

Thanks for your inputs!

good chioce...but like you said...im biased:D

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
520hpSTi said:
you get what you pay for.
Helix buys far more volume than PE does from Denso. And Denso being a multi-billion company is all about the volume discounts. I hear most OEMs (like Toyota) pay less than $20 per an injector. ;)

Cheers,

Gary
Gruppe-S

·
Registered
622 Posts
anthongy817 said:
"In our experience, the two are indistinguishable (other than the large cost difference). They have different on-times and latency periods but the build quality and functionality of them appears to be identical." -Gruppe-S
How can they be the same and still have different on-times??????

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
R4ND0M_AX3 said:
How can they be the same and still have different on-times??????
My guess is the internal valving of the injectors themselves. They are made in the same facility, just different internal specs from what I know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts