IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my maps in from PDX tuning, and just wanted to give them my thanks for being professional and quick to respond to my every questions. I was able to talk to knowledgable people on the phone who were very helpful and seemed eager to answer any questions I had. So my hats off! :wave:

Now this is a question for them, or anybody else who has had their maps. I recieved a set of maps.

1 base map (refered to as a low boost default map 14 psi)

4 real time maps listed as

valet
low
main
economy

The way I understand it, I install the base, low boost map first. Then on top of that I install the main map (rated at 19 psi in the map description).

Is this correct. I get the PDX base map in there first and then overlay the PDX real time map of choice. I have heard you do not mix the PDX real time maps over the COBB base maps.

Just wanted to check this with PDX or any other person who has gone this route...

I do not want to hear an "earth shattering Kaboom!"

thanks!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I believe that you are not able to run OTS Cobb maps with PDX maps and thats why they give you the valet and etc. mapping. The base map provides logic that realtime maps can not store and running the realtime map complements the basemap and that is why you run both. Just running the basemap will not be sufficient if you are looking for the performance you paid for, if you feel the car is not running its full potential then the realtime map is probably not loaded and it is a common mistake that people make. Logging the results and letting pdx adjust the map is a huge benefit as well so take advantage of it. Good luck.

·
Registered
185 Posts
sounds right.... i'm waiting on my PDX maps...hopefully i will get them today or tomorrow, can't wait.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yep, I am waiting for mind as well. I was running the OTS CObb Stage 2, which generate way too much carbon on my exhaust.

BTW, when do I need to data log?

EL

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, quick question...

I installed my Low boost base map. NO problem, I think disconnected the AP and pulled the key out. Then I started the process all over. I hooked up the AP, turned the car to the ON position and flashed the real time HP boost map. One thing I noticed is that the AP looks different when flashing a real time map than a base map. Like for instance. It does not give a % complete reading..and it only takes a couple minutes to flash... does this sound right?

I have never flashed a real time map before. It was located under the 'Switch Maps' folder not the 'change base map' folder. I think this is the correct location for a real time map.

When I was flashing the AP display read..

Sending.......

then after only a couple of minutes it said..

Done. Press OK.

I know that the AP does not display what real time map. I just want to be sure I followed the correct procedures for a real time map!

Thanks sincerely.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Yes flashing realtime maps take about 20 sec. which is the beauty in the technology. You did it correctly and the AP will only show what base map is loaded when you go and try to see what the current map flashed is. Just make sure if you ever reset your ecu to reflash the realtime map b/c all the data is lost on a hard reset.

·
Registered
318 Posts
So, does anyone know about logging?

EL

·
Registered
134 Posts
pdx tuning????? i dropped several thousand dollars at that shop through phone orders. and when i needed my temporrary tune to get me to the tuner. all i got was the run around on the phone. that is if they returned my call or e-mail. they did exchange my turbo for a bigger hot side without a fault. but other than that, what a pain. I would have rather heard 'go away and never call us again', than never get called back or e-mailed back. i live in socal so it is not too easy to go knocking on thier door. oh well. good luck to you all. hopefully their better at customer service now. don't get me completely wrong. they do know thier stuff.

·
Registered
323 Posts
yes, please provide some logs... let's see how much pdx likes to ride the knock sensor

·
Registered
86 Posts
PDX map

This is my log guys from PDX map i just got.
I am happy with the performance gains i got.
I can feel the difference from 2nd to 6th.
Please take a look at my log and let me know what do you think.This was 4th gear pull.

http://www.rali.us/sti/files/games/ecuExplorer__AJ930_8791__28_11_2006_20h32m33s.csv

Thank you

PS: Please right click on the link and choose save link as: This way you can view the file in Excel instead inside the browser.The browser view is awful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts