IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 25k miles (2015 STI) recently developed a metallic rattling noise in the seat base that is heard only occasionally, over certain bumps. Can replicate by hitting the seat with my hand. Have unzipped the seat back to inspect, looked at the rails, etc. -- no luck finding anything loose or broken. Suspect it might be in the seatback release mechanism. Seat gets little to no actual use (wife doesn't like my car (ha!) and my kids ride in the back).

Would prefer to avoid taking it in as in my experience the dealership is notorious for not being able to replicate or find the source of rattles, etc.

Anyone else experience a similar issue with their seat(s)? Have searched but haven't found anything definitive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmm i been trying to find origin of same noise on my 15sti with 21k miles. Its been driving me crazy last couple of months..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Found this old thread and also have this seat rattle. Though I would resurrect and see if any others have found the source. My car is a 2018 and i have 16,000 miles and the same annoying rattle. I can hit the seat back from the side and it rattles something fiercely annoying. Planning to remove the seat this weekend to investigate, but figured I'd do the lazy thing and ask here...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had a rattle there too and i found it only happened on a certain slider position. So I just slid the seat one notch back. Too lazy to find whats actually vibrating lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep, moving it back and forth, and moving the seatback usually helps especially on seats that don't get used much. I have to do it with my passenger seat every so often.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Literally started hearing it this morning and it's driving me crazy. I will try to adjust the seat position.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine (2018) did this as well when the seat was in the all the way back position. I didn't know about the plastic piece under there but I just slid the seat a few positions up and it stays quiet.
But now, I have a lot of other rattles (because Subaru) and have basically given up :lol:

·
Registered
572 Posts
That video is a great find - my ‘15 has always had these rattles and had to find the seat position sweet spot to fix it.

My wife is 6’2 and she pushes the passenger seat all the way back when she gets in, then when I move it when she’s out I still get the rattle mentioned in the comments until I find the “sweet spot”. Gonna put the foam under the seat per the vid and the felt tape on the rails per the comments... great find!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts