IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Re: 2012 SWP STI First Sponsor!!!

Update:
The wing arrived in Washington and I will be heading down Wednesday to pick it up.
I've been working with my sponsor Bulletproof Automotive, and by the end of the year I am going to place my deposit on the Varis Widebody Kit D and the Varis carbon fiber hood. I am excited about the kit, but won't be putting it on until sometime 2015. I have a good idea of the wheels that I want, but I am open to suggestions.

Also I've been talking to Dom @ MPS, and he has told me that I could reach around 400hp to the wheels on my stock engine since the car is very little kms. I plan on doing this by March. I am upgrading turbo, injectors, fuel rails, clutch, titanium fmic, intake, turbo inlet, headers, up-pipe, and other small stuff, but I know I am forgetting some stuff :)
Dom's a great tuner. Spent a solid 3.5 hours on my car until the tune was perfect.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

Subscribing to this awesome build! I love unique!
Dom's a great tuner. Spent a solid 3.5 hours on my car until the tune was perfect.
thanks alex15

I might have to change my plans, because Dom told me he is closing up shop in February :( So if anybody else know any good tuners around the Seattle area that would be great.

Has anyone heard of PIA?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re: 2012 SWP STI Order my Varis Kit D and other parts from IAG Performance

The exhaust looks amazing. I also find those bumper corner cover things to be ugly as ****, thank god you took them off.

·
Registered
572 Posts

thanks alex15

I might have to change my plans, because Dom told me he is closing up shop in February :( So if anybody else know any good tuners around the Seattle area that would be great.

Has anyone heard of PIA?
The only two other options I can think of is Rocket Rally up in Squamish, or English Racing in Oregon. We took a trip down to Oregon in the summer to get my brother's Evo X tuned and they did a great job, and I know of a gd STi that was recently tuned by them as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

The only two other options I can think of is Rocket Rally up in Squamish, or English Racing in Oregon. We took a trip down to Oregon in the summer to get my brother's Evo X tuned and they did a great job, and I know of a gd STi that was recently tuned by them as well.
I talked to rocket rally before, they just don't have good customer service.
I've definitely looked into English and PRE before, but the only thing is. That because I want the tune done for our 94 gas just because I would be filling up with this gas most often. I would have to bring a lot of jerry cans, and I don't want to drive down too far with all those mods. I've heard some good thing from PIA, thats why I was looking for something in Seattle

·
Registered
572 Posts

I talked to rocket rally before, they just don't have good customer service.
I've definitely looked into English and PRE before, but the only thing is. That because I want the tune done for our 94 gas just because I would be filling up with this gas most often. I would have to bring a lot of jerry cans, and I don't want to drive down too far with all those mods. I've heard some good thing from PIA, thats why I was looking for something in Seattle
You only need 1 jerry can. Just drive down on their 92, drain it before getting tuned and fill up with the 94 in the jerry can. You can drive back on their 92 no problem, it's actually much higher quality gas than our 94 and not as prone to knock (I'm tuned on 94 and my car performs much better on their 92).

I haven't really heard much about PIA but if you trust them, go for it. Definitely beats the long drive down to Oregon.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Re: 2012 SWP STI Order my Varis Kit D and other parts from IAG Performance

I haven't been intown for the past month and a bit, but I wanted to give some of you guys an update. After ordering all my parts from IAG, I will be picking everything up along with my diffuser from bulletproof today!!
I'll be sure to post up pics of all the stuff

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: Varis / Amuse / L'aunsport / Liberal / Eibach and a bunch more goodies!

Oh Hi Quincy,

expect a double feature shoot soon :^)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Re: Panda Varis / Amuse / L'aunsport / Liberal / Eibach / Volk and a bunch more goodi

Canadianwrxsti, Nice car man! I am also Canadian, in Toronto.

Love the wheels. TE37 is the best wheel for any Japanese sports car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Re: Panda Varis / Amuse / L'aunsport / Liberal / Eibach / Volk and a bunch more goodi

Canadianwrxsti, Nice car man! I am also Canadian, in Toronto.

Love the wheels. TE37 is the best wheel for any Japanese sports car.
Thanks man, always nice to meet a fellow canadian.

I couldn't agree more, I agree so much that I'm getting a second set of TE37 for my wide. Thats how much I love TE37s :D

·
Registered
140 Posts

Thanks man, always nice to meet a fellow canadian.

I couldn't agree more, I agree so much that I'm getting a second set of TE37 for my wide. Thats how much I love TE37s :D
Nice! I have had them on all my Japanese sports cars.. my FD RX7 and my Supra.

I am considering ordering a set for the 11' STi now. 18x10 +40 seems to be the size and offset.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Nice! I have had them on all my Japanese sports cars.. my FD RX7 and my Supra.

[URL=http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/SuperR1/DSC_0014.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

[URL=http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/SuperR1/DSC_0017_2.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

[URL=http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/SuperR1/IMG_1529.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

I am considering ordering a set for the 11' STi now. 18x10 +40 seems to be the size and offset.
It seems like you got a nice collection, do you still own both those cars?
Mines not quite as wide, but a little more aggressive offset. But I'm not running a lot of camber too. But that size would look good.

·
Registered
140 Posts

It seems like you got a nice collection, do you still own both those cars?
Mines not quite as wide, but a little more aggressive offset. But I'm not running a lot of camber too. But that size would look good.
RX7 was sold many years ago and I just sold the Supra at the end of last summer.

Current toys are the 11' STi and 12' GTR.

·
Registered
208 Posts

Oh my god that RX7... tell us more about it!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

RX7 was sold many years ago and I just sold the Supra at the end of last summer.

Current toys are the 11' STi and 12' GTR.
You can't go wrong with that combination :clap:

·
Registered
140 Posts

Oh my god that RX7... tell us more about it!
I don't want to highjack Canadian's thread here, as his STi is amazing! His parts selection is great and the car sounds awesome! Great job. Looking forward to seeing his project moving forward.

As far as my RX7 goes... It was fully built race ported engine, 6766 turbo ect... 500 + RWHP. It was a very fast street car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

I don't want to highjack Canadian's thread here, as his STi is amazing! His parts selection is great and the car sounds awesome! Great job. Looking forward to seeing his project moving forward.

As far as my RX7 goes... It was fully built race ported engine, 6766 turbo ect... 500 + RWHP. It was a very fast street car.

[URL=http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/SuperR1/securedownload.jpeg]Image Link
[/URL]

[URL=http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/SuperR1/IMG_0095.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

From now on I will update my Journal on here with pics. I have not updated it in years lol. I want to leave Canadian's thread for his beast, as it deserves all the attention here.
Thanks for respecting my thread, seems like you really love japanese turbo cars. I'm also a huge fan of the rx7, supra and gtr.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Thanks for respecting my thread, seems like you really love japanese turbo cars. I'm also a huge fan of the rx7, supra and gtr.
Yes, I like Japanese boosted cars for sure! Can be lots of fun when done right.

Back to the TE37 talk. I am getting ready to pick a set up for the STI for this season. I am thinking the Black edition, but would really like to get my hands on a set of the Mag blue in 18x10 + 40, but I have not seen them in that size anywhere. They are always +30 offset.

61 - 80 of 275 Posts