IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Times range from 63.00 to 74. sec. Depends how the course is set up. We have some real tight ones. But last week it was stupid fast. Some stretches i was going into 3rd gear.
Our local club runs 60+ to 80+ sec courses that I am in third (different gearing in 2004 STi) during 90% of the course, and hitting the rev limiter in third on a few courses throughout the year. I am not sure if you were experiencing brake fade Manny. Maybe while changing your pads, you got rid of some air in the lines. Either way, congrats on the rookie championship. I looked through the year's results, and you should be proud of your wins. Your club integrates the rookies nicely, which makes for better competition. Keep on driving and asking to ride with the fastest guys in your car. That is the best way to learn how fast you should be going. The PAX is another decent baseline. Though it assumes perfect setup, driver, and the right car, it is more correct than new drivers think. Trying to get within two seconds (on a 60 second course) of a fast SS driver seems impossible, but that is where we whould be.

Congrats again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts