IW STi Forum banner

Which option do u think looks better?

• Graphite with silver lip

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • full graphite

Votes: 15 65.2%

Painting my wheels Monday!!! (To paint the lip or not to paint the lip?)

Tires/Wheels 
1K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Mayhem13 
#1 ·
I know I know, there are plenty of threads dealing with how to paint your wheels...this is not one of them. Just wanted to post up my little venture into painting my wheels. I'm going with the duplicolor graphite color. Starting my project on monday so over the weekend i wanted to get some feedback on whether or not i should tape the lip so it remains silver or paint the entire wheel? Either way i'll post pics when i'm finished and hopefully they come out as good as the pics i've seen of people's wheels who have done this previously!

#6 ·
haha, thanks for all the feedback...yea i was partial to painting the whole wheel graphite. I did see some shots of people's painted rims with the lip silver (yea stockers so whatever little 'lip' there is) and it just got the idea into my head for some reason. I'll try and post some pics after monday or tuesday whenever i'm finished.

#8 ·
honestly i thought about black, but i thought it would be too dark against the WRB paint. yea i'll be sure to post pics asap, and when u do ur wheels remember to do the same !!

#14 ·
Mayhem13 said:
haha, thanks for all the feedback...yea i was partial to painting the whole wheel graphite. I did see some shots of people's painted rims with the lip silver (yea stockers so whatever little 'lip' there is) and it just got the idea into my head for some reason. I'll try and post some pics after monday or tuesday whenever i'm finished.
thank god you are one of the few that realize there isnt a lip on the stocks. please paint it a solid color or i may be forced to harass you for doing something with the 0.25" or less "lip" of the rim.

#16 ·
Insane06STi said:
Black please.
Black def. looks sick but i personally feel it blends to much with the car, that style works great for some and u never know, if the graphite doesnt turn out the way i like it the next step would be black.

STIBLITZ...yea it was a passing thought and I'm glad its outta my system now, so no need for harassment! haha.

#17 ·
Paint the whole surface ;)

Graphite/Gunmetal is the best color for painting the stock wheel ;)

#18 ·
Mayhem13 said:
Black def. looks sick but i personally feel it blends to much with the car, that style works great for some and u never know, if the graphite doesnt turn out the way i like it the next step would be black.

STIBLITZ...yea it was a passing thought and I'm glad its outta my system now, so no need for harassment! haha.
perfect!

im glad me and the rest of iwsti were able to sway you from the dark side of legion of ricers.

#19 ·
STIBLITZ said:
perfect!

im glad me and the rest of iwsti were able to sway you from the dark side of legion of ricers.
haha, yea man! I got all my materials and i can't wait to get started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.