Votes: 7 23.3%
  • orange

Votes: 7 23.3%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm getting tired of the bland anthracite color on my SSR competitions, and i'm getting some new tires soon so i'm comtemplating color options. i've always wanted a set of wheels like no others so i'm going the anti-gunmetal route. all these colors would be non-metallic, i've always liked the look of solid enamel colors for wheels.

these will be going on an 04 aspen white STi, so i figure i can pull off any color. and the fire truck green is like the almost flourescent green some fire trucks are painted now adays. let me hear some opinions too. :D

·
I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
orange, and not like a pale orange i mean ORANGE!!

like, "holy crap that guy has orange wheels" orange.

btw i saw a Riced out DA with Orange wheels today :rofl:

colored wheels for track events or autox :tup: street :tdown:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm gonna be rocking these on the street and track, w/ some new Kumho MX's. and i'm leaning more towards a blue hue in my mind right now. although the fire truck green seems tempting i think i'll stay somewhat saneish for now.

i guess the only question remains, should i do the sky blue or look for something a bit darker more like a true blue? :confused:

·
3,296 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
orange, and not like a pale orange i mean ORANGE!!

like, "holy crap that guy has orange wheels" orange.

colored wheels for track events or autox :tup: street :tdown:
If I got a set of wildly painted wheels it would strictly be fore a track/auto-x set. :)

A guy in the DC area painted his wheels orange on his black Camero. It made me think of halloween.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chameleon paint would be fun, but i'm going for the solid enamel look this time around.

i'm painting my Comps' so i don't have to get another set of wheels, i never liked the anthracite, even after i first got the wheels. it's just kind of bland compared to some wheel finishes.

and you couldn't pay me to rock rotas' even if they were painted some different color. :lol:

i'm still leaning toward the sky blue more so than the green, but time will tell. i'm going to start sanding and masking this weekend. :tup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
well after all the other color suggestions i went w/ a medium blue. the color looks a bit darker in person, and should darken a bit more as the piant cures. i like them, typical colors be damned, pigeon hole that. :lol: blue FTW!!!!!!!!!

i just seems like a cop-out when people paint their wheels a "custom" typical color like silver or gun metal, its like repainting your car a "custom" shade of an OEM paint color that originally came on the car.!?

·
Registered
444 Posts
That looks sweet! When are you going to put them on and get pics?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.