IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my 2020 wrx sti limited wrb for less than a year now and it is having clear coat issues on the driver side fender. Will this be covered under warranty considering its in the first year? Will they just repaint the spot or repaint the whole car? Sorry for the not so good image.
Vehicle Hood Cloud Azure Blue

·
Registered
MoTeC STI
6 Posts
I have owned my 2020 wrx sti limited wrb for less than a year now and it is having clear coat issues on the driver side fender. Will this be covered under warranty considering its in the first year? Will they just repaint the spot or repaint the whole car? Sorry for the not so good image. View attachment 64814
Hard to tell in the photo but kinda looks like something got it? Have you tried polishing it with a machine?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I doubt it. Paint usually isn’t warrantied and the clear is thin. You may be able to wet sand if there’s enough clear cost left. What happened to it?

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
848 Posts
It would be worth trying to see what they say.
My next spot would be to a detailer to see what they think.
Finally, if it's too far gone and nobody can help, insurance.
Is it anywhere else, or just on the fender?
I ask because the fender IS painted separate from the chassis, so maybe somebody messed up.
In the worst case, I would think that could be fixed by a body shop by removing the fender, wet sanding, then a new clear.
Then you get to avoid the luxury of the 'fix' including a slightly mis-matched fender.
At least it's not on the chassis!

Reactions: ocpokesmot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be worth trying to see what they say.
My next spot would be to a detailer to see what they think.
Finally, if it's too far gone and nobody can help, insurance.
Is it anywhere else, or just on the fender?
I ask because the fender IS painted separate from the chassis, so maybe somebody messed up.
In the worst case, I would think that could be fixed by a body shop by removing the fender, wet sanding, then a new clear.
Then you get to avoid the luxury of the 'fix' including a slightly mis-matched fender.
At least it's not on the chassis!
Its just on that part of the fender just driver side fender aswell.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I’d bring it to a dealership. WRB usually doesn’t have same issues related to clear coat other subarus had in the past. Factory paint issue for sure, unless you leave it outside and your in a state with extreme temp. If the dealer can’t do anything I’d try some menzerna 3800 with a DA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’d bring it to a dealership. WRB usually doesn’t have same issues related to clear coat other subarus had in the past. Factory paint issue for sure, unless you leave it outside and your in a state with extreme temp. If the dealer can’t do anything I’d try some menzerna 3800 with a DA
I currently live in Tennessee no extreme temps. I appreciate the imput I am getting a appointment for tuesday ill keep this updated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.