IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am going to be getting my 2012 in a few months (WRB) and I am thinking about getting the front grill painted matched to the car.

Has anyone out there done this? I'd be painting the gray surround and leaving the mustache black.

I can't seem to find any pics and was hoping someone might have a few or the skills to do a couple photoshop chops.

I've got the sport grill on my 08 now and really like the look since it matches the car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad I am not the only one out there now wanting to see this! :lol:

I won't have my car for a few months but was hoping someone could work some photoshop magic for this thread?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!!! That actually looks really awesome, and I was quoted 50bucks to get it done so I will be joining the painted grill club when my car arrives. :)

Wonder what all black would look like on wrb?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Thank you!!! That actually looks really awesome, and I was quoted 50bucks to get it done so I will be joining the painted grill club when my car arrives. :)

Wonder what all black would look like on wrb?
Prob not much different then stock.....lol

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I'd actually like to go the other direction. I recently purchased a 2014 STI and it has a blemish on th graphite grey looking lower portion of the grill. Can anyone recommend a good product for paining over this that is very similar to existing color?

Worse-comes-to-worst, I will just experiment and find one but I thought maybe someone else had done this and new of a good place to start.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts