IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been driving my 2004 STi for at least 5,000 miles now (yea, it's a bit of a garage queen) with absolutely NO problems whatsoever.

A few months ago I upgraded to TurboXS's Stage 2, Turboback and Utec with stock intake and recirc, etc, running at 16.5 PSI. A week ago I upgraded to their new V2.3 software.

Drove about 20-30 miles and my CEL flashed once at WOT, I backed off, plugged in my scanner and got a P2092 camshaft actuator code.

Immediately I removed the UTEC and cleared all codes. After only about 1/4 mile the light came back on and sure enough, it was the P2092 again, this time without the UTEC.

This comes as a bit of a surprise as this car is mostly babied, has anyone else had this problem in an 04 STi?

Other mods inlcude FMIC, catch can.
Any info/help is MUCH appreciated

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Check your intake manifold grounds, my friend popped this code and it was b/c of a loose connection there when he installed his FMIC. There is also a technical bullitien out for 04 STi's about the filter inline with the AVCS control being loose of something like that so you may be able to take it in for a warranty clame. The TSB can be found on the subaru techincal site which I don't have the address handy right now but it is a known issue with the 04's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts