IW STi Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
^Problem is, most shops don't know how to properly follow the sequence of things to diagnose and fix this for some reason. At least that is what I concluded after a lot of forum searching, article reading, and having a good friend with the same issue.

This code is super generic and can be a laundry list of things causing it to go off from very minor to severe.

Maybe look in the service manual? Usually there is a sequence/flow listed. If so, print that out and take it in.

Good luck man! You got this!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
^Problem is, most shops don't know how to properly follow the sequence of things to diagnose and fix this for some reason. At least that is what I concluded after a lot of forum searching, article reading, and having a good friend with the same issue.

This code is super generic and can be a laundry list of things causing it to go off from very minor to severe.

Maybe look in the service manual? Usually there is a sequence/flow listed. If so, print that out and take it in.

Good luck man! You got this!
Thanks dude. Appreciate the positivity haha. I will keep you guys posted but as of now, the light has remained off and the oil levels are stable. When I bring my car down to get my new clutch/fly wheel installed, I will ask him to run a compression test and the steps outlined in this forum post: P000D - swap cam position sensors to diagnose? - NASIOC

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey just perusing your thread, I also have a 2015 sti that throws that same code off and on, the code clears on it's own usually...the bad news is that I eventually threw a rod bearing, so dude I believe the guy that replied about contaminants or debris in your oil galleries messing up your sensor, I think the bearing broke down over time, because the car was running so well always making power, I kind of dismissed it as an electrical glitch...I think you have bottom end issues, I'm not an expert by any means, but good luck bro...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
I had that code and a few others on a previously owned 2009 STi. It ended up being a bad rod bearing in the bottom end. Good luck and I hope for speedy resolution.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey just perusing your thread, I also have a 2015 sti that throws that same code off and on, the code clears on it's own usually...the bad news is that I eventually threw a rod bearing, so dude I believe the guy that replied about contaminants or debris in your oil galleries messing up your sensor, I think the bearing broke down over time, because the car was running so well always making power, I kind of dismissed it as an electrical glitch...I think you have bottom end issues, I'm not an expert by any means, but good luck bro...

I had that code and a few others on a previously owned 2009 STi. It ended up being a bad rod bearing in the bottom end. Good luck and I hope for speedy resolution.

Thanks guys. Is that really bad/ expensive to fix?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey man
Spinning a rod bearing is never good, how to fix it depends on you, is it expensive, depends on the route you decide to take. theres tons of options, like it really depends on what your goals are...
I'm replacing mine with a shortblock from IAG performance, I don't drive my car in the winter, so that's my time to add supporting mods to utilize the shortblock...
I think I read that you daily your car, I have no idea what your ability is to fix it on your own . Maybe purchasing a complete engine and swapping it over a weekend is something you can do, i don't know..but I'm certain if you keep driving it, yours will sound like mine in the not to distant future...I would post the video but I don't know how...lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi new to sti guy here just bought a 2017 with a huge loan and car payment and just had this same code pop up changed the oil and cleared it hasn't come back but I'm assuming it will. Super pissed cause I had it inspected and now I'm fucked like how can they leave us with a fucked up car lol I'm curious to see what a motor swap would run on these just to prepare for the worst

21 - 28 of 28 Posts