IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why are all you suby guys wanting OZ on your suby? i mean OZ sponcers mitsu (lancer OZ rally edition)...i just find that odd that you would want OZ products on your suby

for the record i have nothing against that company

·
Registered
541 Posts
Who cares? If they make good stuff (and they do), buy it.

And for the record, OZs were popular wheels for Subies long before the "rally edition" Lancer came out.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yup.....

OZ is a high quality supplier of wheels to a heck of a lot more places than just Mitsu....Mitsu just happens to be one of the many.

I'd love to have a set of anthracite Superlageras....we'll see if they make a set that fits any time soon.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
OZ actually made my old Prodrive P1's and they make most of the wheels you will see on WRC cars. I would put that sponsorship WAY ahead of the OZ rally edition lancer, which most mitsu fans wouldn't even acknowledge anyway...... ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
xdeathlessonesxx said:
why are all you suby guys wanting OZ on your suby? i mean OZ sponcers mitsu (lancer OZ rally edition)...i just find that odd that you would want OZ products on your suby

for the record i have nothing against that company

check this out and zoom in on the wheels:

*Image was HUGE! Removed by moderator. Check the smaller pic below*

·
Registered
60 Posts
SnowbordrWRX said:
Geez...couldn't you have posted something more like this??
sorry...didn't have time to edit...and I was really trying to put the point across... :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
which 3 defi gauges...

I have always had quite a dislike for oz rims. I know that they are considered high quality rims i just don't like any designs they have ever made(except those prodrive ones a few posts up....those are nice). My current fav rims are Volk TE-37s, Prodrive GC07C's, Prodrive GC-06D's, Black Racing Pro N1's, Advan RG's, and Advan TCII's. I have a set of GC-07C's coming for my STI. The rims i really want the most are brand new release in Japan. There is a write up on them in the June Issue of OPTION magazine's new goods & information section. They are Project G.Z DHS Forged ae032's in Dark-gunmetallic color. They are just these super lightweight simple 6-spokes that look fantastic in gunmetal. There is actually a picture of a GC8 impreza with them on it. I want them bad!! I will try to get a decent pic outta the mag of em with my digicam and post it. Peace!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
New 2006 Mazda RX-7 baby!!

Thats funny. I have been dealing with Prodrive america thru Upgrade Motoring in Cali on getting my GC07c's and the guy told me that RAYS(volk) makes all of prodrives forged rims now. Cause the reason i went with the GC-07C's over a set of TE-37's was because the TE's were too expensive. But when i got a price quote on the GC's it was almost exactly the same. When i asked whats up with that he told me that Volk makes prodrive's rims now and that is why a set of GC's in 18 inch cost almost the exact same amount as the 18 TE's i was looking at. In the end i chose the GC's cause i have used TE's 3 times on other cars and i decided to try something new. Peace!!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Brake dust

According to their website, OZ and Speedline make most of their rims....well, check that, most of the rims they make available for sale in the US.

The P1's say OZ right on em, just like above.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I don't know what people see in those Volk TE-37s. They might be light and strong but I don't like the design at all. On a STi I would take the stock BBSs over them anyday.

T

·
0 Posts
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he said they are working on a rim/winter tire package for the sti for about $2200. I saw the rims and they are quite nice and also come in gold. Anyone else heard of this?

T

·
0 Posts
It is for 4 rims and 4 winter tires, not just the rims. And remember...this is in Canadian funds. ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
According to their website, OZ and Speedline make most of their rims....well, check that, most of the rims they make available for sale in the US.

The P1's say OZ right on em, just like above.
Curious. I am gonna bypass the middleman and actually call Prodrive America firsthand and find out who makes their various rims. My curiosity is going crazy and i gotz ta know. Peace!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts