IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my '04 for more than three years now, and around 48K miles. Today I just test drove a co-worker's new Limited, with about 1200 miles on it. I really liked it. It's definitely different, though.

INTERIOR:
The interior is great, quieter, and has a much better stereo than the POS I put in my car (darn '04s and their lack of a stereo!). I like the leather. The seats felt a bit more "huggy" than mine. I really liked the quietness of the ride. On the stock RE070s my 04 was LOUD. I'm running RE750s now and it's still a little louder than the Limited riding on RE070s.

EXTERIOR:
It's a nice looking car. Oh, and no wing blocking my rear-view! I might have to cough up about $700 and go wingless on my 04. I didn't notice the sun-roof as much as I thought I would. When I first read about it, I thought that would be a great option, but I'm not so convinced now. I also like the front lip.

HANDLING:
Let me start by saying I didn't really get a chance to whip it around. The ride is noticably softer than '04, though, and the handling a little softer as well. Again, I wasn't autocrossing or anything so I can't speak a whole lot about it.

PERFORMANCE:
I was being nice and not doing anything like slipping the clutch and launching or anything like that. But it's slower. No doubt about it (my '04 is still bone stock, by the way). I had driven my car a little earlier in the morning, so there wasn't a real difference in air temp/humidity. A pull to 60 doesn't require a shift to 3rd anymore, though! I bet it will get a little faster as it wears in, and the ECU may still have a little "learning" to do.

·
Registered
569 Posts
windmill said:
A pull to 60 doesn't require a shift to 3rd anymore, though! I bet it will get a little faster as it wears in, and the ECU may still have a little "learning" to do.
this will make it faster on the strip, taller 2nd 3rd and 4th gears mean finishing the 1/4 in 4th and one less shift. it will give the car another 2-3mph, but the added weight may cancell it out. we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jomotopia said:
how is the shfiter feel compared to the stock 04?
The throw feels a little shorter, everything just felt a little tighter, a little smoother. Of course, there's a 47000 mile difference between the two, and mine has seen a lot more spirited driving than this one has :D

I'll ask to drive it again :evilbanan and I'll pay closer attention to that :)

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Illusive said:
but the added weight may cancell it out.
OMG. :mad:

Someone please detail exactly how they know that the Limited has "added weight."
Is it heavier than the MY06? Or heavier than the MY07 non-LTD. It seems that everybody keeps saying this, but can't back it up.

As per cars101.com,
Curb weight MY04 STI = 3,263 lbs
Curb weight MY05 STI = 3,263 lbs
Curb weight MY06 STI = 3,351 lbs
Curb weight MY07 STI/STI LTD = 3,351 lbs

So, from 05 to 06, the car is 88lbs heavier. Add a fat guy, or a skinny guy, and the difference is negligible.

Also, from this thread , although not that great, it shows once again that maybe the LTD is 65-70 pounds heavier.

Again, add a fat guy or a skinny guy, and the difference is made up.

So, still waiting for someone to back up the "heavier car" claim...

·
Registered
372 Posts
The limited has a sunroof....that's more weight. I'm sure the leather adds some weight but not much.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah that front lip is nice. I saw one at the dealer this morning & definately want one. The question is will it go on w/no mods. The first dealer w/it said it went on w/no mods just existing hardware & original slots. The second dealer I trust more & will get it from said it requires drilling for the clips because the cover is different. That doesn't make sense why the limited would have a different bumper cover than the standard, but I guess I'll find out in a few weeks what the story is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts