IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of my friends decided to go on a Saturday afternoon cruise through the mountains and country of Northern Quebec.
One of my friends (Steve) was driving an SR20-powered Zenki S14,
and my other friend (Sean), who is an unoffical member of my
Montreal-based Subaru club, was driving his verVII SpecC-powered GC.

Here are the pics...

And here is my man, Sean, totally unhurt...

I have no solid details yet as to how or why this happened, but I'm
very happy that my buddy wasn't hurt!! :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Well, 2 of my friend one with a GC with 04 complete STi conversion. The other is just a GC RS and I have the 05 STi. Here in Utah, we have many canyon road. We also often go for canyon runs during mid-night just like the intial D. type of runs.

The guy with the GC STi conversion slit and went off the canyon cliff while doing a turn. The car was total and he walk out with just a bruce in his ribs.

I couldn't believe. This canyon cliff is about 6100 FT. above sea level.

Pictures coming soon.

·
Registered
13,137 Posts
Lucky dude.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Wow, not a scratch on him? I am also curious how fast he was going.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The full story is that as he was making the right-hand turn that led to where he crashed (just before the next left turn), a Honda Civic was riding over the painted lane divider, forcing him to tighten up and lose his desired line. This caused him to be in the wrong position to take the left turn, so he slid out into the ditch. He told me he was doing 75KPH, which is 46mph. The "Suggested" speed, which is not the limit, was 55KPH which is 34mph.

My friend is not the type to drive dangerously or erratically on public roads. That stretch of road he was on is right near his cottage, so he's familiar with the roads and everything.

It was just a bad accident. He was absolved of any wrong-doing by the police, and the Civic-owner actually realized what he had done, turned around and went back to help.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Wow. Does make you wonder exactly what was going on. I would imagine "speed was a factor" in this crash. But just goes to show you how strong Subarus are built. Proud owner of a subaru here.

EDIT: Forced off by a civic on a tight turn at speed. You gotta watch out on public roads.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
205 Posts
wow!!! thats a terrible thing to see. makes me sometimes think twice about going up/down those canyons.. only has to happen once!!! glad to see he wasnt hurt.. Subabus are strong and safe. Is the car being fixed. motor ok.. Looked like a very nice Spec C

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Wait is this the spec motor that revs to 8k? O man I love that engine. Plus its a 2.0 litre.

Glad to see your buddy is alright. :tup:

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Wow, thats crazy, Im very glad to see he's ok. Poor car though, it looked great.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll try to get more pics of the damage, I understand there may even be a video of some kind.

I just drove this car on Thursday night, and with just the Spec-C and a 3" tbe with high-flow cat, it's just as fast as my 320whp STi; we were neck and neck, dead even.

The motor should be just fine, he's gonna do a few things before firing it up again, considering it was upside down for an hour or two. The body is of less importance because it was rusting and the paint wasn't in good shape either. So now, he will put the car through our harsh Canadian winter with the beaten-up body, and swap everything + a new tranny into a brand new GC in the springtime.

Considering what happened to him, his current position isn't that bad.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Since this happened in Canada, I wonder if his insurance company would give him any money considering it is modded. I'm always worried about that when I think of mods for my STi.

Glad to see he is OK.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts