IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in dire need of a good alignment shop in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, people that know how to properly align lowered cars. If anyone knows of any shops, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey, why not give Subaru of Dallas (Lemmon Ave at the Tollway) a call? They just opened, seem to be great folks, and are working on getting a relationship with Cobb Racing so they may be good on the performance side. Of course, anyone can do a good alignment--it is knowing what % to ask for that counts!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
InfernoSTi said:
Hey, why not give Subaru of Dallas (Lemmon Ave at the Tollway) a call? They just opened, seem to be great folks, and are working on getting a relationship with Cobb Racing so they may be good on the performance side. Of course, anyone can do a good alignment--it is knowing what % to ask for that counts!!!
thanks for the suggestion but I don't have a STi (yet) so I would feel a little weird bringing my Toyota to a Subaru dealership. :p But like you said anyone can do a good alignment, it just turns out that the shops around me are the exception :lol: :evil:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've gone to the NTB in Plano of 75 and Park- they will at least align a lowered car, but won't warranty it. There's a German Tech there that is pretty friendly and was willing to put mine at the specs I requested.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i been to ntb, they damm suck. I had a two inch low car and i have a camber kit, and when i let them do it, the car still had problems, always going towards one direction and within a couple months i had to get a new tires :evil:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Dallas Frame and Alignment. Accept no others. They set up race cars for people all over the metroplex. No fancy laser-guided equipment, just simple measurements and a lot of math. They actually cured the feathering problems I had with my Z. They roll your car over a pit and align it from below. NO ISSUES with trying to get a lowered car up on an alignment rack.

Let me put it to you this way. My Z dealer put my car on a fancy Hunter machine and aligned it to spec. I stood there the whole time and even watched the measurements myself. When I took the car to DF&A, what the Hunter had measured as 2MM of toe-in was actually 19MM!!! I destroyed $900 of 18" S03s in 2,000 miles.

http://www.dallasframealign.com

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
droideka said:
Dallas Frame and Alignment. Accept no others. They set up race cars for people all over the metroplex. No fancy laser-guided equipment, just simple measurements and a lot of math. They actually cured the feathering problems I had with my Z. They roll your car over a pit and align it from below. NO ISSUES with trying to get a lowered car up on an alignment rack.

Let me put it to you this way. My Z dealer put my car on a fancy Hunter machine and aligned it to spec. I stood there the whole time and even watched the measurements myself. When I took the car to DF&A, what the Hunter had measured as 2MM of toe-in was actually 19MM!!! I destroyed $900 of 18" S03s in 2,000 miles.

http://www.dallasframealign.com
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely have to give them a call although they're a little far from where I live. My car is due for another aligment (stupid potholes and construction!!), about how much do they charge?

I had been taking my car to Fort Worth Automotive; I found them through Tire Rack's "recommended' installers list. Good customer service, and they set my car up with as close to zero toes as possible on all four wheels with no fuss. Athough a bit pricey but I guess that's to be expected for a "custom" alignment.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just took my cousins Mazdaspeed to a little shop in Arlington called Stagner's. They also use the manual measurement, but they also do a lot of lowered cars in the area. I dont have the phone number here, but if interested let me know.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pirana said:
I just took my cousins Mazdaspeed to a little shop in Arlington called Stagner's. They also use the manual measurement, but they also do a lot of lowered cars in the area. I dont have the phone number here, but if interested let me know.
Thanks for the suggestion. I took my car there this past Saturday. The guy did a good job, pretty quick too. My car only needed minor adjustments so he charged me for a regular alignment instead of the higher rate for lowered cars; I thought that was cool. I'll definitely go there again.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Glad I could help. THe same thing happened with my cousin's MSP. He said the rear was within specs, so he only charged us for front. Any other shop would have just said he align both ends.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Pirana,
You are using 6spd short throw shifter?
Any link of that product? I thought STi's 6spd has already have short shifter?
Thanks..

·
Registered
598 Posts
You know I thought so too, but if you look at the comparison pics, they look almost identical, real difficult to see a difference. But there is, its like 10% difference on shifts from 1-2, 4-5, up and down, but the real difference is in the 2-3 and 4-5 shifts. You can really tell, this is the shifter the STi should have come with. I also bought the Kartboy bushing, but have not installed it yet. I bought it thru my Subaru dealer, they gave me a really good deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts