IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 346 Posts

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Osiris' 2004 WRB E85-Powered STi

I am sure that the miles will fly on this thing, especially with how much I drive back and forth between Fargo and Bismarck. No big deal to me though, since I wont be selling this thing ever. Engine blows, then its my offroad death machine, and I buy a new STi :)

here is another shot to give you an idea of the ground clearance. This thing looks ****ing MEAN from the front. (and all other directions :) ) It has a bit of a rake to it, as a friend of mine destroyed the teeth on one of my rear coilovers, preventing me from lowering it any further... He is buying me a new ring, so its all good!

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts

Might wanna touch up that corner of the bumper.

That looks surprisngly similar to what my car used to look like with the Fogs and the Vlimited lip before my fmic , cleared/blacked out lights and pillarless grill.

LMK i fyou need the fog covers around the foglights, i have 2 extra sets at my house brand spanking new. I couldnt use my foglights with my FMIC :(

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

well i feel once you start modding fuel economy shouldnt be the biggest concern. I can get great mileage when i can, but with 332whp i'd rather enjoy the car for what i made it for.

and believe me man, mileage goes up FAST. I put on 25,000+ a year.
Oh, it's not a concern more of curiosity, just wanted to know how often I was going to be filling up. Also, I want to make sure there are E85 stations spaced close enough apart along my trip back from the tuner haha, which I can't do unless I have some basis on fuel economy. Right now I get 22 if I do all highway, and about 16.5-17.5 in the city.

EDIT: I love this lip :)

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

The car is dirty as all hell in that picture, and the bumper is scratched up quite a bit from my own stupid mistake. I will be buying a new one to get painted in summer, and save this one as my winter destroyer.

My fog covers dont seem to pop in correctly :( a few of the clips are bent or missing. I may take yours!

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts

well with E85 you'll be filling up a lot more.

I'm also converting to E85 NaiveRapture, then i'll give you a good number for the power + MPG :D

im going to guess and say about 17mpg city. YOu have to think.. the engine will be needing a lot of ethanol, which is why you need the big *** injectors.

oh well...

oh and since we're posting pics of our lips...

hehe

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

well with E85 you'll be filling up a lot more.

I'm also converting to E85 NaiveRapture, then i'll give you a good number for the power + MPG :D

im going to guess and say about 17mpg city. YOu have to think.. the engine will be needing a lot of ethanol, which is why you need the big *** injectors
Yeah I know I'll be filling up more, I'm getting tuned on May 11th so, I'll have it figured out for myself before you've probably got a chance to tell me about it lol. And I highly doubt I'll get 17 in the city, since I barely get that now on 93...

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Gotta love the lips! Need to either paint mine black or do some kind of treatment to make it black. Bastard is a light gray at the moment in the right light. Not to mention it is extremely dirty, like the rest of my car.

Constant rain be damned.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts

Yeah I know I'll be filling up more, I'm getting tuned on May 11th so, I'll have it figured out for myself before you've probably got a chance to tell me about it lol. And I highly doubt I'll get 17 in the city, since I barely get that now on 93...

damn really? i get about 20 in the city if i dont get on it. when i do get on it 10mpg maybe hahaha.

Buy a giant drum and fill it up with E85 and put in your backseat when your driving home from your tune. I'm going to have to be filling up in the state over from me all the time, which is quite the nuiscance.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts

Gotta love the lips! Need to either paint mine black or do some kind of treatment to make it black. Bastard is a light gray at the moment in the right light. Not to mention it is extremely dirty, like the rest of my car.

Constant rain be damned.

Plastidip paint for the win.

it'll make it look new.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

Holy **** that thing is low, Tyler! Looks awesome! :tup: Can't wait to get my lip on when I get the car home from EFI...DUAL BLUE STI PHOTOSHOOT IS IMMINENT :D

For those of you switching over to E85, I HIGHLY recommend the Zeitronix ECA to monitor your fuel quality. Lack of federal regulation ftl.

Tyler, when are you going to ditch those tiny *** foglights and get some sexy JDM ion ones?!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

damn really? i get about 20 in the city if i dont get on it. when i do get on it 10mpg maybe hahaha.

Buy a giant drum and fill it up with E85 and put in your backseat when your driving home from your tune. I'm going to have to be filling up in the state over from me all the time, which is quite the nuiscance.
I have an E85 station a few miles from my house... No need for giant drum.

And I certainly don't drive the car nicely in the city lol

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

I am SO planning on getting the JDM fogs. As soon as I buy my wideband and new boost gauge. Those come first.

Whats the deal with the car club, Mike? PM me boy! And photoshoots will be had!

Plastidip is a good idea... Ill see if the guy who powdercoats around here has any. (He may do my stock rims in gunmetal... but I am wary of the forged rims...)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

What gauges you lookin at? AND WHO DOES POWDERCOATING THERE?! Omgomgmogz.

The deal with the club, yo, is that I'm trying to finalize a logo. Nothing to PM quite yet!

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

Not sure what gauges yet... Everyone and their mom has Defi, but they are the best out there... I want to get something a little different (and cheaper)

Tyler Knutson does powdercoating here, he has a shop right behind CiNcity. Drives a gold 240sx. Owner of MopTop Pros. Does CF work too.

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

I might as well, since they make the wideband im getting. Do they make red gauges?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

Oh, HE owns Mop Top...I'm gonna have to check that place out and see what kind of CF work he does. I'm such a CF whore. :lol:

I recommend the Defi Red Racer series. They're exceptional quality, but don't deal with that D-link bs, so they're MUCH cheaper than the BF series. Of course, that's if you want to be like the cool crowd and get Defis. :cool:

Whatever you do, stay away from Glowshift Gauges. The quality is AWFUL. I know, first hand...had them on my '07...pretty sweet to be able to change the colors whenever you want, but the color memory feature did NOT work, and they were impossible to see in the daytime.

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

I had looked at a few brands... I just dont want to dump $750 into two damn gauges. Compared to my current setup (old *** AutoMeter electrical taped to my steering wheel) ANYTHING will be better at this point.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

The typical A pillar method, or depending on how cheap I can get the steering wheel mount from a friend for. I may go that route instead.

Mop Top can do ANYTHING with that CF... He is VERY good at what he does. Recently custom fabbed a grill and eyelids for a friend's Leggy.

41 - 60 of 346 Posts