IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 346 Posts

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: Osiris' 2004 WRB E85-Powered STi**ENGINE FAILURE...not sure what yet**

So here's an update.... The dealer found that TWO... yes, TWO, injectors were stuck open. These are Deatschwerks 740cc injectors, about 2 months old.

I was running E85, but how could running E make two injectors get stuck in an open loop at the same time after only 2 months?

I cant imagine how it happened.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

So here's an update.... The dealer found that TWO... yes, TWO, injectors were stuck open. These are Deatschwerks 740cc injectors, about 2 months old.

I was running E85, but how could running E make two injectors get stuck in an open loop at the same time after only 2 months?

Odd...Bob C's been running E85 for 3 years and I don't think he ever had any problems with injectors.

Is the whole motor done for? Are you sending it to EFI?!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

wow that sucks. I have DW 740's in my car and have never had a problem with them. I have about 40k miles on them know.

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)

My IDCs were fine, though Im not sure of the exact number. Nowhere near the danger threshold. Two injectors just got stuck in open loop, on piston 1 and 3. Hydrolocked the motor with all of the coolant/gas/oil in that bastard.

Need to talk to DW today, but they didnt return my message. So we will see what they say. Then I need to find out what is wrong so I know what I need to replace.

I may have bent a rod or done something bad to the crank bearings with the quart or so of gas I had in the oil or because of the hard clutch dumping to start that.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Re: Osiris' 2004 WRB E85-Powered STi

There's only one word to describe Tyler's journal update schedule:

:D

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

shut up Mike :) I never really have anything to update on here... But hey why not.

Lowered the coilovers some more last weekend for summer, I will raise them back up for winter, dont worry. I also put my front lip on too, making it even lower.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

WTF, your motor goes nutsoid and you post a picture of a change in suspension height as an update??? HUH!??!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

:rofl:

His motor is fine. Hydrolock with no damage, Ressler Subaru took care of it and it's now running as good as new.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

I'd like to know what numbers the car made with it's current setup, and what kinda gas mileage city / highway it's getting??

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

I'll let Tyler answer on the gas mileage, but he hasn't gotten it on a dyno yet, so he doesn't know numbers. I can try hooking up my AP to his car when I get home and pull a rough estimate....

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

So it was road tuned then, alrighty. Haha I dunno how useful the AP is in telling you how much power the thing has... :) But sure take a stab at it!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

Yeah, road tune. No AWD chassis dynos exist in the state of North Dakota. :(

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

The UTEC is alright for what I need it for, but I plan to go open source soon here.

As far as miles, the car was purchased with 48,000 on the clock, and now has 56,000 on it, most of which are highway miles at 80mph between Bismarck and Fargo (360 mile round trip) So they dont really count :)

Horsepower is a big guesstimate. Anywhere from 310-330whp from what we have seen and from what we can tell based on comparisons to similar setups and to stock STis. Hope to get it dyno'd soon, but like Mike said... No AWD dyno in our entire state :(

Mileage leaves a bit to be desired, but I think it is due to some fuel trims being off. I get around 19 highway, 17 city. 240ish per tank when it is mostly highway miles. But hey, its an AWD car with almost 400bhp... What can you expect?

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts

well i feel once you start modding fuel economy shouldnt be the biggest concern. I can get great mileage when i can, but with 332whp i'd rather enjoy the car for what i made it for.

and believe me man, mileage goes up FAST. I put on 25,000+ a year.

21 - 40 of 346 Posts