IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S.O.A. put the official word out to its dealers to begin taking deposits on "Sold Order" STi's for the U.S. You will be required to fill out an official buyers order and put down a refundable deposit. These orders (and any orders already taken) can now be faxed to Subaru for allocation processing.

Get your checkbook and go! 8)

There is still no information on pricing and/or options.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:eek: :D :D :D

I can't believe it! Great news!

Worm, any "official" word if we'll get the new front design? I'm assuming not, but had to ask....

I'm also assuming the amount for the deposit will be up to the dealer?

Thanks for the info! Keep in coming!

·
Registered
11 Posts
S202 sti stats and short vid. (sweeeeeeet)

I should clarify what I meant by assuming not... I meant no news. It's my opinion that we will get the new design.

·
Registered
392 Posts
That's great news! Thanks Worm.

Question though....is this a notice to all dealers? So when I mention this to the dealer down in Wichita, they won't tell me I'm just hearing rumors as they have the last 2 times I inquired about the STi?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Well I just called a local dealer by me and they haven't heard anything yet. Maybe I will give them a day or two if this was just announced.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All the dealers should have received this notification by now, if they still dispel it as rumor...you could:

a) Politely tell them that it would make you feel better if they filled out a buyers order to send to S.O.A. and took a deposit "just in case".

b) Find another dealer that knows.

The STi will be a limited production, "sold order" only allocation. That means if your dealer doesn't have a buyers order for one, they won't be getting one in the normal allocations. Availibility will be limited to 300 per allocation period (30 -45 days) to the entire U.S. The only ones you will find unsold on dealer lots will be from sales that fell through.

·
Registered
11 Posts
261 HP, that's the UK's version, if I'm thinking clearly. Edmunds is quoting stats from that version. I would expect the US version to be a bit higher....say around 275 HP. Atleast I sure hope so.....

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Thanks for the info Worm. I might have to go pick their brains this weekend.

BTW......since we are pretty much ordering a car that we know little to nothing about, what is in the contract about turning down an STi when it does arrive? Do we have to have certain issues with the car/price in order to get our deposit back?

I guess the reason I'm asking: what keeps some regular Joe Smoe from putting down a few hundred bucks just so he can test drive the car when it gets here, only to turn it down for no good reason?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Oh....and is there a "standard" deposit that SOA wants put down? I've heard 500.....1000....in the other forums.

Thanks again man. You've had my heart rate going all day about this!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Worm, how long is this "period" going to last for. I don't want to miss out! The sales manager has my number and is supposed to call me, but if I bug him any more I might piss him off :roll: Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2003 dodge SRT-4 or Subaru impreza WRX?

As far as ordering a car that the dealers admittedly no little about concerning price, features, performance, etc the deposit should be fully refundable. Make sure of that before you sign anything and get it in writing.

I think the deposit amount is up to the dealer...even I had to write a check for $1000 to reserve mine.

As far as a time limit there isn't one, but look at it this way; if they decide to bring say only 1,700 STi's and your order is #1701...you were to late. ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for the update Worm! I will go to my local dealer and talk to them. Ive become friends with one of the sales manager since im down their 2-3 times a month...lol

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Is there any way to reference the dealers to this 'official word' by Subaru? I called my dealer in Wichita and as expected "I'm having someone check into it" was the reply.

:evil:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Worm said:
Availibility will be limited to 300 per allocation period (30 -45 days) to the entire U.S.
So for the 1st year, that means:

Best Case (300 every 30 days) = 3650 STis
Worst Case (300 every 45 days) = 2433 STis

More than we thought?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Or it means that the 1st STI will be available in the period from 4/21/2003 to 7/15/2003 in the first year.

This is based on 1700/300 = 5.667 unites per period. If period is 30 then 30*5.667=170 days of delivery, if period is 45 then 45*5.667=255 days of delivery. This then gives 1/1/2004-255=4/21/2003 and 1/1/2004-170=7/15/2003.

ET

·
Registered
392 Posts
Worm,

Thanx for the excellent info. I have had a deposit down at Tom Wood Subaru in Indianapolis for the past 8 months (!) and have been promised the first STi that reaches their dealership. However, the staff at the dealership state that they have not heard anything regarding buyer orders being accepted by Subaru. To whom should I refer them? I'm getting really anxious at this point.

Thanx again.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts