IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By what point in time would it be necessary for me to place an order for an Aspen White STi if I want to take delivery in June? The only reason I want to place an order would be so I could have the car almostly exactly when I want it, opposed to looking around for one in June (also b/c Aspen is so rare).

Should I negotiate a price before I place the order? (I do not want to pay more than $29,500)

Could I get as good of a deal by ordering it, rather than taking one off the lot?

A dealership, Van Bortel, which is 5 hours away from me is selling all brand new STi's for $29,200. I could probably get them a drop lower thoguh. (http://www.vanbortelsubaru.com/impp6.html)

My main question though is: When should I place an order for June delivery?

BTW, I am in NY (1 hr. north of NYC)

Thanks a lot.
So far everybody on this forum has been a great help.
Alex

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
They have plenty of them.. NO need to order in advance.. Just keep your eyes and ears open for 2005 model year.. See if anything changed and if they will have it at all..
Now imagine 2005 having 330 hp, optional sunroof and better Japan seats (very low probability for all 3), then u might as well get in line now...
But in reality, I would guess 2005 - no changes and there will be PLENTY of STis @ every dealership..

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
amdmaxx said:
then u might as well get in line now...
Should I just put my name on a 2005 STi list then?

Could I get a good deal on a 2005? (<$30,000) considering they will just be comming out?

Will the 2005's even be out by June?

Alex

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yea im planning on buying an STi between June - early september, so anyone konw around(estimate) when the 2005 sti is coming out or even if it is going to come out?

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
From what I know, STis have no FACTORY options. So what you do is talk to either a fleet manager or internet sales manager at a dealership, tell them what you want, and they "secure" you a unit once it hits port. Then only the accessories (since that's all the options are) you want are installed on the car, pre-delivery. :)

For a 2005, you'll just have to go in say. . . MAY, and start talking to one of the aforementioned individuals to get the ball rolling. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
i put my name on the list for an '05 STi in January. the dealer said they had no official pricing or anything but he didnt see a reason for it to change. i was told to expect delivery around July, which is fine since I will be graduating college in May. to all those considering this option, it is a good idea. my dealer required no money down to hold the car and i got whatever color combo i wanted. cant wait to actually own one of these monsters :D

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I order a '05 would I be able to get one for under $30,000? Because I know it is possible to get a '04 for less then $30,000. My ideal time was to get one in June but I would definatly wait till July if I can get a '05 for the same price that I could have got a '04 for in June. The other good thing about a '05 would be that Subaru could have fixed some little kinks from the '04.
When will Subaru stop producing the '04's and start with the '05's? How late could I place an order for a '04 (White/Silver)?

Alex

·
Registered
251 Posts
so 2005 STi are going to com out for sure? if so im gonna stop by my dealer soon to place my name on the '05 list

1 - 9 of 9 Posts