IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a long time lurker of this wonderful site and I have a friend who has an '05 STi so I've known I wanted one for a while now. I finally saved up enough moolah to get serious about buying one. I test drove the only STI they had at the dealer over the weekend, an '06 OBP (no one around here has '07 STIs or Limited STIs on their lots yet) and fell in love with it! It was so quick and smooth. That convinced me I would get one of these cars and it didn't matter a whole lot to me if it was the STI or the Limited. When i visited the salesman today it ended up being a $400 difference between the 2 (Limited costing more). It would have been a bigger difference if the options between the 2 were identical to each other, but they weren't because I wanted to get the fog light kit and a couple other things on the STI. Anyway, I pulled the trigger. The estimated delivery time is 6 to 8 weeks. If you want to order a Limited, you better hurry because the salesman told me there were only 19 left and if you take away the one I ordered, that now makes it 18 and there are more white than gray. I talked to a salesman at a different dealership over the weekend and he said there were 80 when he checked earlier that day. If both guys were telling the truth it looks like all of them will be gone in a week or at the most two.

·
Registered
812 Posts
welcome, i'm jealous. now you can post more than lurk. :)

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
congrats

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
congrasts.. but nah i think there more then 18.. ill call tomorrow

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
There will be Limited's out there for many months to come. Typical salesman ploy... talking about that which they don't know - to help with a sale.
As far as I know, you can still order them straight from the factory. I could be wrong about that, but unless someone puts in a phone call to SoA, who knows???

·
Registered
104 Posts
wrxcelent said:
That convinced me I would get one of these cars and it didn't matter a whole lot to me if it was the STI or the Limited. When i visited the salesman today it ended up being a $400 difference between the 2 (Limited costing more). It would have been a bigger difference if the options between the 2 were identical to each other, but they weren't because I wanted to get the fog light kit and a couple other things on the STI.
That's great I order a White one too back in Aug and it's been at the dealership for over a month but having problems with getting it into Canada re: post above!!!

The price for the STi and STi Ltd are the same???unless you get upgrades, I got the preformance package with short shifter, boost gauge, Tit shift knob, amp sub box, rubber mats, alarm upgrade, and a few other things and I think it was about $35k plus a bunch of SPT mods about $2k worth. I know some after market parts might be better and give more hp but for resale I think it sounds better to say you have Subaru preformance parts rather then this car has this and that mod from different suppliers???

I'm dying to get my 07 STI LTD it's even worse after driving it and knowing it's just sitting for a month to be picked up!!!! ahhhhhhh it's killing me!!!:censored:

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
post pics when u get it

·
Registered
65 Posts
WhyteSTI said:
There will be Limited's out there for many months to come. Typical salesman ploy... talking about that which they don't know - to help with a sale.
As far as I know, you can still order them straight from the factory. I could be wrong about that, but unless someone puts in a phone call to SoA, who knows???
Yup, it wont be a so-called rare car either.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
^^800 is still 800 man. Rare or not, it's still "limited" in the eyes of the beholders... so to speak.

dasnowman said:
The price for the STi and STi Ltd are the same???unless you get upgrades, I got the preformance package with short shifter, boost gauge, Tit shift knob, amp sub box, rubber mats, alarm upgrade, and a few other things and I think it was about $35k plus a bunch of SPT mods about $2k worth. I know some after market parts might be better and give more hp but for resale I think it sounds better to say you have Subaru preformance parts rather then this car has this and that mod from different suppliers???
Right on man. I'm in the same boat as you as to the waiting game... I spoke with SoC the other day and the guy said any day now. It's a painful wait.

Anyway, I'd reconsider those upgrades. The stock boost gauge is ass, and the alarm upgrade is iffy at best... depends on if you modify the car at all. The SPT stuff is relatively benign as far as performance mods go... you would have been better off going aftermarket. But I hear you on the resale side of things... but then again, if you're into modding at all, you'll be selling those genuine Subaru parts anyway :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dasnowman said:
The price for the STi and STi Ltd are the same???
This is normally true except I qualified for the VIP program in which the STI is included, but the STI Limited is not. The VIP form that SOA sent me had a statement on it that the Limited is off limits. Sorry for not pointing that out in my original post.

Good luck on getting your car. I hope you don't have to wait much longer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
wrxcelent said:
This is normally true except I qualified for the VIP program in which the STI is included, but the STI Limited is not. The VIP form that SOA sent me had a statement on it that the Limited is off limits. Sorry for not pointing that out in my original post.

Good luck on getting your car. I hope you don't have to wait much longer.

I'm picking up mine next weekend...mahahah mahahhaa

:bow: thank god it's going to be a month and 2 weeks of it just sitting waiting for me to pick it up ... because of the hole Riv.ca/ SCI thing

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
dasnowman said:
I'm picking up mine next weekend...mahahah mahahhaa

:bow: thank god it's going to be a month and 2 weeks of it just sitting waiting for me to pick it up ... because of the hole Riv.ca/ SCI thing
Might want to reconsider picking it up on the weekend. You can only take it across the border Monday to Friday 9-3:30.

Ps. 2007 STI Ltd = STI = MSRP

·
Registered
289 Posts
my friend picked his up today #74 White

Satin White Pearl 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Limited 074/800.

First one sold in Orlando

really makes me want to trade in mine:D

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
wow very nice....

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
wow looks nice; but whats the difference between the white color on the 06's and the white color on the 07's?

·
Registered
289 Posts
JustinH said:
wow looks nice; but whats the difference between the white color on the 06's and the white color on the 07's?
i think the whites are the same, the silver not, 06 will be the only year with Steel Gray, or thats what i heard

1 - 20 of 29 Posts