IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok did anyone have any trouble w/ your dealer after you ordered your car. my car has been on order for 10 weeks now and they told me that i would get an update every 2 weeks. but this has yet to happen. so i called them and they said "order has been placed, its made and is in shipping" but they don't know where its at.

shouldn't they know?? or shouldn't they be able to find out where it is or rufley how much longer i have to wate?

they seem to have absolutley no information for me, or any idea what is going on w/ the car. I feel like going somewhere else but seeing how its been 10 weeks now and they GLADLEY took my deposit i have no choice but to wate it out. :evil:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
My situation was exactly the same. They lose visibility once the car gets on the ship. They have approximate dates for when it will hit port but getting that info is like pulling teeth.

I knew when my STi hit the regional distribution center but things got very vague after that. IT's like they lose all process control and stuff just shoots out from there in a random manner. You'll know when you're close when the delaer gives you the VIN number and tells you that they've been invoiced. At that point the car is on a truck and heading to the dealer....but beware once again..getting an actual delivery date for when the truck will arrive is a hair pulling contest. Shipping is very predictable for the most part yet they give the impression that it's not.

My salesguy has been great to work with. He's relayed all the info he's received throughout my waiting period. Most of it has been wrong, though, so he's been mislead too. The dealership is footing the bill for the rental car they gave me to bridge the gap from my 3rd party car sale, on what would have been my trade-in, to the receipt of my car. They expected 1 week or so at $28/day. It's now been in my possession for almost 5 weeks ...$980 worth of time.

So, to answer your question :) there's a distinct lack of communication within the distribution channel for these cars and nobody can provide exact info on your car. Just hang in there. Good luck!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Define stupidity...

mx9 well i'm glad that i am not the only one who has had this problem. i stoped in there ther ohter day and they said well we have a truck comming w/ a STi on it but we're not sure if its yours. and they told me so come back 10 min. before they closed and when i did they said that the STi was silver and going somewhere else. its like almost every time they open there mouth its BS ya know.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
STi_high said:
mx9 well i'm glad that i am not the only one who has had this problem. i stoped in there ther ohter day and they said well we have a truck comming w/ a STi on it but we're not sure if its yours. and they told me so come back 10 min. before they closed and when i did they said that the STi was silver and going somewhere else. its like almost every time they open there mouth its BS ya know.
My latest is that I'm scheduled to pick up my car Saturday at 10:00am. At this point the dealer doesn't have the car yet...so we'll see. They've been invoiced for is so it _should_ be close. Good luck on yours.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks man, hey where is cary, nc in relation to VA??

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Cary's right outside of Raleigh, so we're about 2hrs south of Petersburgh Va. Or, about an hour or so south of the Va border.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool i'm in abingdon va, close to bristol va/tn i'm bout 3 hrs from raleigh. finally the first person closer than 4 1/2 hrs w/ a STi

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which is the best drop in Filter for the STi?

they are all from Northen VA, close to DC and such, i'm in BFE Va

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.