IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in purchasing one of these bad boys for my STI from Godspeed Inc. but I am not to sure on how much peril, if any I might encounter while installing one of these monsters. Now to my understanding there is an included bumper beam that comes with the kit, but is it going to be difficult to remove the front of the car? do I need to jack anything up? is there any cutting involved? is it really user friendly to install one of these? I WILL NOT take it to a professional to install it because the only way to get good at this hobby is it to learn and do it your self. So that is why I am asking the kind and knowledgeable folks of this forum to give some insight and input, please inlcude negatives and positvies? let me know how hard it was to rip that pretty bumper off of the car? was there any extra materials you needed that didnt come with the kit i.e. Homedepot crap?

well get what I am saying
thankyou for the time and help

peace

Mods so far: Buddy Club Spec-III race cat back(JDM), Greddy Profec E-01, Greddy Turbo Timer, Greddy E-manage From GodSpeed Inc. (not installed yet just waiting on the time to do it), Greddy Type S BOV in Full Recirc (custom pipe job)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh Btw this is an intercooler made by APS for those that have never heard of it before today~! Oh yeah and i did do a search and came with another topic concerning the 500 model but I am sure that there have been more experiences since then so post away here please!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have no direct experience with them but my understanding is that APS is very good at getting fitment right and that their claims on quality are found to be accurate. I would expect this to be of moderate difficulty to your average shade tree mechanic - more because of the body removal and routing and everything - but I don't believe there is any modifications that are necessary when installing their products other than their stated replacement parts which are included.

Also since you are looking at godspeed as the vendor I think you will be satisfied with their post sale service - on the off chance any issues do arise which they shouldn't. Just from observations again no direct personal experience.

·
Registered
348 Posts
BoostdBoxer said:
I WILL NOT take it to a professional to install it because the only way to get good at this hobby is it to learn and do it your self.
Sometimes the best way to learn is to have someone knowledgeable show you how to do things. That is why we have "apprenticeships".

·
Registered
357 Posts
Blue/Silver In Atlanta!

APS make some of the best and also make THE largest core available for the WRX. The quality, fit and finish are second to none. I also llike the fact that they have a bumper beam, retain your fog lights if you have a WRX and no longer require a battery change to install. I have some pics if you want to see just how huge it is. Do a search on this website under DR650 to see. I have also made them mandatory for my larger turbo kits as they have piping which fits over the parts in the kit and also the hoses go away from the TB sensor which seems to get in the way of many other kits on the STi.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The 500 is bigger than the 650, right? I was under the impression that even tho the 650 is meant for larger power applications, the 500 has a larger IC surface....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts