IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm driving myself crazy here trying to decide what winter wheel Rota package to get. I have been looking around the web for days of countless pics of Rota's but can't decide on what looks good on an 05 WRB.:confused: I know that its just winter tires, but I want the best looking combo. Any suggestions? Thanks:tup:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
everyone's going to make suggestions based on their own tastes.

Only you know what looks best for yourself:tup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I say stay away from the Boosts. As much as I like how they look, the spokes stick out past the edge of the rim. My spokes are prety chipped up on the part that sticks out past the edge of the rim.

·
I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
05_GD7 said:
Only you know what looks best for yourself:tup:
I disagree, based on the lack of informed people floating around I'd say most people don't know what looks best b/c they don't know all of the right options.

once you know viable options then it is up to you to choose the one that works for your needs, budget, style.

and on that note, the flat black slipstreams seem to be one of the beefiest rotas I've seen. 17x8 with a nice 225 snow tire you'd be set.

·
3,296 Posts
ORSTi said:
I say stay away from the Boosts. As much as I like how they look, the spokes stick out past the edge of the rim. My spokes are prety chipped up on the part that sticks out past the edge of the rim.
I have Boosts and they've held up great. Of course mine are dark bronze which might be hiding some chips and the winters in Maryland are kinda mild but for the price I thin my Boosts have held up great.

·
Immoderate
5,844 Posts
I have Boosts and yes, the leading edge of the spokes are chipping. I don't really care all that much though. What I care about is: 1) dark color to reduce need for cleaning in winter; and 2) clearance for snow and ice buildup. My bronze Boosts have both of those covered very nicely.

·
Registered
451 Posts
wdb said:
1) dark color to reduce need for cleaning in winter; and 2) clearance for snow and ice buildup. My bronze Boosts have both of those covered very nicely.
I totally agree. My Boosts=Beaters. They don't get cleaned until they come off in spring:p

·
Registered
953 Posts
I guess I am different

I roll on my BBS with my all seasons and run my rotas in the summer with my performance rubber. I figured, BBS are basically indestructable, so why not let them see salt during the chicago winters. Besides, I think my Rota Torques are actually slightly lighter than the BBS's. Ofcourse, I havent actually weighed them to find out, but it makes me feel better saying so. :)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I disagree, based on the lack of informed people floating around I'd say most people don't know what looks best b/c they don't know all of the right options
Then we'll agree to disagree.

He asked about LOOKS
on what looks good on an 05 WRB
Not about combination of looks, quality, price, customer service, delivery times, sizes, offsets, caliper clearance.....Sure, everyone can chime in on what they think looks good, it has nothing to do with being informed, its personal taste, and that's all it is.

·
I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
05_GD7 said:
Not about combination of looks, quality, price, customer service, delivery times, sizes, offsets, caliper clearance.....Sure, everyone can chime in on what they think looks good, it has nothing to do with being informed, its personal taste, and that's all it is.
hmm, I can list a slew of wheels that look good but it doesn't matter b/c they'll never be on a subaru, so I do believe everything listed does matter.

sure some 18x10 +15mm TE37s look killer on R34 GTR with some 265/34 A048s but my Subie wont see that (yet ;)).

And if we agree to disagree there is no point in the intarweb! it'd be like just saying "yea you're right and I'm right"

you say 2+2=x i says 2+2=y, x!=y so one of us is right :D haha :lol: j/ bustin balls.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was thinking of getting the Boost because of the looks but not sure about the their strength design, especially after seeing a pic of that wheel that broke:rolleyes: I know someone mentioned the slipstreams as "beefy", how about the G-Force or the Torque?

·
Registered
802 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
hmm, I can list a slew of wheels that look good but it doesn't matter b/c they'll never be on a subaru, so I do believe everything listed does matter.

sure some 18x10 +15mm TE37s look killer on R34 GTR with some 265/34 A048s but my Subie wont see that (yet ;)).

And if we agree to disagree there is no point in the intarweb! it'd be like just saying "yea you're right and I'm right"

you say 2+2=x i says 2+2=y, x!=y so one of us is right :D haha :lol: j/ bustin balls.
^ quoted for the truth x 2

i <3 me some blitz 01's =(

·
I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
STIBLITZ said:
^ quoted for the truth x 2

i <3 me some blitz 01's =(
I sourced a set of Blitz Type 03s for my friend's Supra. Those things are pure sex on that car. hmmm yummy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.