IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: twitchy feel

Alright, apart from those brake bleeder screws, I finally got some mods into my car. Just installed an Apexi S-AFC2, and a Greddy Profec B EBC. So seeing as how there's no other drive train mods, the dude who did the install decided not to push the turbo more then 2 psi beyond stock. He drove around and added fuel in 1-2% increments until the engine ran smoothly over the entire rev range. Of course he did this in the afternoon when it was around 80 F.

Last weekend, I was driving to Houston and this giant F350 wouldn't let me pass him (@ss). So I floored it in 6th gear. All of a sudden my boost gauge ran up to .13 MPa which is like 19 psi, and BAM, boost cut, blinking cruise light, etc. But then my car ran normally afterwards. Then I realized it was late and like 60 F outside which could explain why the boost ran so high cause of the denser air.

Anyways, after driving another 10 miles with the CEL and blinking cruise light, I stopped at a gas station, dialed my high boost control back from 54% to 50%, disconnected the battery for 2 minutes and went back on the highway. No problems this time. Even in 6th gear, when I floored it, the max boost only ran to .11 MPa (16 psi). 8)

So here's my question: I thought the EBC was supposed to keep the boost from going that high by closing the wastegate until some preset limit then opening it up? What happened here? I guess I should open up the manual for the Greddy :wink: and figure out how to use it.

Hopefully sometime this week, I'm going to head over to a 4 wheel dyno and get some proper wideband tuning instead of the butt dyno tuning :p .

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
in 6th you will still have boost creep... you also be in the same hole im in... :( I still have CELs at like 16psi I think because of hoses leaking and such. I spent almost all day wire tying EVERYTHING and reclamping the hoses (probably buy heavy duty T clamps if this doesnt work). good luck

Robert~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts