IW STi Forum banner

Ontario, GTA. NV Auto vs touge vs neetronics?

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  1STI2NV 
#1 ·
Hi guys! just a quick question, I d like to know if anyone has any experiences with these 3 shops in ontario Canada?
1. NV Auto
2. Touge Tuning
3. Neetronics
I m in western GTA, just looking for a reputable, knowledgable, professional, and reliable Subaru mechanic shop to rebuild EJ25, and do Protune without driverable ATM. Pls let me know some details and info if u have engine rebuild/protune experiences with these three shops. Huge thanks!:LOL:

#2 ·
I’ve been going to Touge Tuning for years and have been protuned by them without problems. They are currently doing a build for me (magnum block, stg 4 heads, ets rotated kit, gtx3576gen2, etc). I’ve purchased all my parts through them and find them professional, honest, and well priced (for Canada). If I had to pick a negative it would be that they are a busy shop so can take a while to book appointments or get back to you. That never bothered me though as they are great guys to deal with.
I’ve been to NV a couple times but just for suspension work and it’s been a while. they definitely knew what they were doing and the work was well done. I believe they outsource their tuning, or used to. I found them more expensive for parts and labor then touge but still a good shop.
I have very limited experience with neetronics and it was a long time ago.
My vote would be touge.
Hope this helps a bit.

#3 ·
1. NV Auto - No experience with them
2. Touge Tuning - Had one interaction and could not manage to get anyone on the phone to speak about tuning. Didn't care to chase anyone to give them my money. My sentiment was, if it was this hard to do business with them, then when I actually need something I could only imagine the hoops I'd need to jump through.
3. Neetronics - Andy is a pretty good tuner. I've only used them for tuning.

One suggestion for you is to look into two other shops: Seven Automotive & Definitive Tuning.

I cannot speak highly enough about Seven Automotive. Been working with them for years now.
Justin @ Definitive Tuning has tuned my vehicle most recently. I'd have no hesitation to go back their again.

Good Luck with everything.

#4 ·
[
1. NV Auto - No experience with them
2. Touge Tuning - Had one interaction and could not manage to get anyone on the phone to speak about tuning. Didn't care to chase anyone to give them my money. My sentiment was, if it was this hard to do business with them, then when I actually need something I could only imagine the hoops I'd need to jump through.
3. Neetronics - Andy is a pretty good tuner. I've only used them for tuning.

One suggestion for you is to look into two other shops: Seven Automotive & Definitive Tuning.

I cannot speak highly enough about Seven Automotive. Been working with them for years now.
Justin @ Definitive Tuning has tuned my vehicle most recently. I'd have no hesitation to go back their again.

Good Luck with everything.
THANKS FOR alldetails,I can totally understand what happened to u about touge, seems like they are busy everyday, I booked compression/leakdown test Nd wait one more week- -

#7 ·
Tuning, I would only trust Andy with my car. Touge I wouldn't go even if I got paid, Ive had that opinion for years but recently Speed Academy had their EVO tuned by them and you can HEAR the car misfiring/knocking and he kept doing pulls until it blew up lmao I literally laughed watching it. Some tuners are too focused on data and numbers but not actually listening/feeling the engine outside of that. My opinions may seem aggressive im sure if you got tuned by them im sure you'd be fine.That's just for tuning, For engine building and other things I havent had mine done by someone else besides prep from 'canadian cylinder head'

The Guys at Seven auto are good been there a few times.

Personally, I gave up on the EJ257 and only run the EJ207 (jdm sti engine). No more ringlands. I do miss the torque of the 2.5L its an awesome engine but rebuilds are expected.
The only interesting thing I found is when u said "im sure if you got tuned by them im sure you'd be fine" soundlike very mean. BTw. thanks for details

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.