IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been saving up for a spring purchase, but my wife got it for me as a Christmas gift! Fortunately I was able to get winter tires the next day.

I'd better get on the stick and take care of the clear guard, the cinder is flying out here.

Season's Greetings!

Paul

·
Registered
326 Posts
Cool another STi in Bend.

That makes 8-9 that I know of here. I know somone that just got a Silver one a couple days ago.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, but it will take a while. I don't have immediate access to a digital camera.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Running A Stock at SCCA National events

Awesome! Looks like fun, nice part of the country to be in (I love it over there). What kind of tires are those?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is this all there is to a grounding kit

Hakkapeliitta 2's with studs. I probably would have gotten Blizzaks if I hadn't been on the spot, but I was given the car as a surprise Christmas gift and the H2's were what our boy Les had in stock.

I must say, these tires grip like the dickens. The STi is just a beast in the snow. No traffic circle is safe! I'll be out of break-in Friday. I can't wait!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Nice... I almost bought those same tires from them, but over here, I didn't want to roll around on studded tires for several months given our typical amount of snowfall (NONE). Even with what we have had, I'm not sure early Dec - Feb or whatever would be worth it with studs here. But they sure would be nice when there is snow and ice!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They only had one set in the right size when I wanted them; and that set was already studded. They offered to pull them and cut the price, but I went ahead with the studs. I'm on the fence about it.

I have studs on my winter wheels for the CRX, and they are really nice on the ice. I think the studs are better here if you have two sets of wheels and can swap them quickly at home. The studs are more of a liability if you're swapping tires on a single set of wheels. I could very well have the Azenis back on the CRX in a month (for local driving only). I'll be taking the STi down to K-falls later in the week. The studs will be helpful then.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Very nice. I like going to Oregon. I hope to run into some Oregon STi's on my way through to Seattle!

·
Registered
350 Posts
sciolist said:
Hakkapeliitta 2's with studs. I probably would have gotten Blizzaks if I hadn't been on the spot, but I was given the car as a surprise Christmas gift and the H2's were what our boy Les had in stock.
You lucky basterd!! :evil: :p

-d

1 - 18 of 18 Posts