IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 'Java black pearl' STi and HOLY MOTHER CRAP IN A CAN...after i arrived home i spent a good 15 minutes just trying to take it in....i still can't believe it's in my garage right now!!!
...before this car i owned a wrx...and damn they're 2 completly dfferent personalities.....wow..!!!
It also amazes me how many people don't know, or can't appreciate the STi....before i bought the STi, everyone was telling me not to cause it was ugly, and wasn't comfortable, and they'd rather get a lexus IS300 and blah blah blah...!! They just can't seem to understand..........i didn't even have to think twice.

...okay..sorry i just had to 'vent' my happiness!! :lol:
thanks for listening!...i'm gald to finally be apart of this STi family...

cheers!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Congratulations! Java black is an awesome color.

I've found that people who know cars really appreciate the STi. Other people need 'splaining. I've yet to find anything uncomfortable about the ride and my previous car was in the luxury realm. Get that baby through breakin and onto an auto-x course, you'll then really appreciate what it's all about.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Wiring sub

I've grown accustomed to the firm ride. . . it IS, after all, rally-bred. As for everything else. . . you're absolutely right. Other people just won't understand. At first I wasn't sure about the seats, but they're actually quite cozy and do a better-than decent job of holding me in my place during cornering. :)

Congratulations! I picked mine up a week ago this Tuesday. :p

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
New STI Owner - former EVO owner

Yeah... let's be honest, it's not a soft ride and the road noise is somewhat annoying, esp on the highway. If you drive a spouse who likes a different type of ride, they won't be impressed.

But yeah, people who know cars notice it and appreciate it right away. Had mine in for window tinting today and about 5 guys from the window glass shop next door were out staring at it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's another thing too....since i've gotten the car, i've been getting nothing but jaw dropping looks...not only does it look good, drive well, it's also the biggest MACK i've ever seen in my life!!!!.... *sigh* ....

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Yes, personally I'm a little too old to purposefully draw attention to myself but I did it to myself this time. It's neat that people recognize and appreciate it, but also could be a negative (cops, or worse, idiots with something to prove).

BTW... pics!! :D

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
STiLL. . . Radar. . . . the STi truly IS pimp material. :lol:

My girlfriend loves me, already. . . but she has yet to see the car since returning from Mexico, just yesterday. I'll fill you guys in on the mack content once the weekend is over. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just picked up my STi on Friday - traded in an EVO and a MINI Cooper S - I hated the EVO - I felt like a punk everytime I drove it. I do have to admit that the EVO handles better and sits my skinny ass better. That said, those are the only redeeming features over the STi that it has. Interior is definitely a big improvement. Engine is 110 percent better than the EVO - The WRX has some bigger gonads on it. And punk quality is gone!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
. . . the STi truly IS pimp material.
not only that, it makes whoever is driving ruggedly handsome as well!! haha... :D

....kcollins, i know what you mean...i think it can't get any better when it comes to cars in terms of the interior, engine, power combo....and for the money....oh man....nothing...and i mean NOTHING even comes CLOSE....
i can't wait till they come up w/ new mods for this car...so much potential!!
purchasing an STi is by far the best decision i've ever made....... even though i'm flat broke and can't even afford to eat 3 meals a day....but HEY it's so worth it!!!!!!!!..... i'll use the car to get me a girl that'll BUY me food..hahahahahha...... :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts