Re: oldlady's 2010 red turd - nothing exciting :(

nice box old lady.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

Hey! A familiar name! :)

Thanks! I've been preoccupied with everything else but my car so I havent had anytime to do anything since my last update .. hopefully in the new year I'll have some street wheels :D

So.. you have TWO S2000s now?? :lol: I too sometimes want another 06.. just for the Karlton Flares though.. :eek:

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

Hey! A familiar name! :)

Thanks! I've been preoccupied with everything else but my car so I havent had anytime to do anything since my last update .. hopefully in the new year I'll have some street wheels :D

So.. you have TWO S2000s now?? :lol: I too sometimes want another 06.. just for the Karlton Flares though.. :eek:
Do it!! Karlton Flares FTW.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

Go away Drew. :lol:
:naughty: 18x10.5 +15mm Enkei RPF1s fit really well under them.... ;) :runsaway:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

wOohoo! I found myself a setting saver.. Back to being lazy on start up (i *have* to turn off the nanny's for the qrack..)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts

Oh yeah, and ordered some wheels. Work S1R in 18x10.5+35 in fahrenheit silver.

haha.
Mid March delivery.

Probably going to run a 265 since it's my street setup.
Sweet! :naughty:

But... 275s are already a stretch on 10s... 265s will just look ghey on 10.5s! 285 or nothing! :lol:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

You ran 275s and they looked okay, no? lol. 265s.. may look quite ghey- not sure about which tire yet.

My set up is actually largely based on your PF01 setup which i regret not buying.. and drew's input. lol!

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

w00t!!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts

Oh lord my PF01s were so freaking ugly, I was ashamed to even be seen in it! So I stole my girl's miata instead haha.

275s were kinda stretched beyond my liking on those 10.5 PF01s, but the PSSs may run a little narrower when compared to tires like Starspecs and RS3?

Get the BFG Rivals. Because fanboi here says so! :D

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

haha. Hey, don't knock the PF01! I have those as my track setup.. but they're black.. and you can't seem 'em ;)

Yes, those tires did cross my mind. However, a few friends of mine have ran the Federal RSR and given me pretty positive input. Cheap as anything.. but supposedly a decent overall tire. thoughts? lol

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

You ran 275s and they looked okay, no? lol. 265s.. may look quite ghey- not sure about which tire yet.

My set up is actually largely based on your PF01 setup which i regret not buying.. and drew's input. lol!
Most 265s are 10.6" wide so as long as you don't get something with a skinny tread width it wont look too stretched.

No problem on the help, it was fun trying to make you think about what you were doing instead of just clicking buy it now 100 times. :lol:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

Federal RSR?!? It's 2013, not 2008. :D
You're back again! hahah.. I guess that's why it's so cheap huh? :rofl:

Most 265s are 10.6" wide so as long as you don't get something with a skinny tread width it wont look too stretched.

No problem on the help, it was fun trying to make you think about what you were doing instead of just clicking buy it now 100 times. :lol:
Buy it now.. thanks for nothing internet!

I'll look into RS3s or something fancy .. maybe. ;)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)

Just an update.. and some pictures.

So I guess the shop I bought my wheels from were wrong about delivery date (big surprise? lol). April it is. I bet end of April. With the weather warming up here in Vancouver, I'm getting antsy. Had my last go at boarding this year so the cargo box is coming off this week. Followed by a good polish of the car.

Induced a bit of marring with my Optimum No Rinse washes. :lol: Plan of attack is Megs 105/205 combo. Will definitely do a before/after to show. Right now, unless you are a detail snob you'll have to look for the swirls (in the sun, you have to find just the right angle to see anything..)

Anyhow, I mentioned pictures. I had a productive car related weekend. Helped a friend roll his fenders on his S2000. He has a wacky set up .. 18x11.5 and 18x10.5 CCW LM20s. You know, the stuff you see on the internet! Credit card clearance at the back. Didnt rub at the back... yet. Car looks great. I'll get better pics once the front alignment is dialed in. It pokes right now.

After that, a different friend stopped by in a Rocket Bunny kitted FRS. he works in the marketing department for a local car dealership group so they gave him the car for the weekend to do some marketing (and become e-famous).

Went for a ride in that car. only had 8 miles on it so my friend didnt want to rip it. no feedback. sorry. lol.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Re: oldlady's 2010 red turd - no wheels yet, but some red FRS thing showed up at my p

Oh yeah, I got the P1410 light over the weekend. Ordered KS tech plates right away. Facking POS Subaru.

81 - 100 of 311 Posts