IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! My name is Mike Hallock and I was referred to this site by my son Ryan Hallock(ACHAHockey). For those of you who know, and those who don't, I have been racing Porsche/BMW since the late 1970's. I have raced with clubs such as the PCA, SCCA, BMW CCA, FCA, and CVAR. I have also been building engines for Porsches since the mid 1980's, a few I have sold, most have been used in race cars I have owned. I have owned many Porsches ranging from the 914 to the 911, and know these cars like the back of my hand. I have also owned many M3's, and some 5 series BMWs, as well as some 2002's. My interest in Subarus came about in 2001 when I purchased a 1997 Outback as a winter car. I acquired a 1994 Ferrari 348ts Challenge car about a year ago as well. My cars now are; 1996 911 turbo, a 1995 911 with some modifications, a 1992 C4, a 1972 911T race car with RSR body work, a 2004 2.5RS. I recently sold my 2005 Legacy GT that had some minor modifications as well. I look forward to my time here on IWSTI.
-Mike

· Premium Member
4,236 Posts
Wow!! nice line up.. welcome DAD!!! I know as your Son has told you this is the best Subaru(STI)forum this side of Japan :lol: so feel free to join in the conversations and add some of your knowledge :tup:

Ps: Funny you mention 911's when my post count is 911 :lol:

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nandanrp said:
This side of Japan? Psshhh...best STi forum in the world! :lol:

Welcome! I do believe you are the first father/son pair on the forums :)

You must either have a 20 car garage, or you have a barn :lol:
The driveway is crowded. We have a 3 car garage, one that has a lift in it, which is where the ferrari sits. The other racecar is in a relatives barn, because they do not use it. So you're right about the barn. This does seem to be a great site, I spent some time on NASIOC, and found it to be.....high school?

· Premium Member
4,236 Posts
MHallPorsche said:
The driveway is crowded. We have a 3 car garage, one that has a lift in it, which is where the ferrari sits. The other racecar is in a relatives barn, because they do not use it. So you're right about the barn. This does seem to be a great site, I spent some time on NASIOC, and found it to be.....high school?
Couldn't have said it better myself

· Registered
1,096 Posts
wow. a very impressive list u have there....
i hope to learn lots from u and hope u learn lots from us here at iwsti!
nabisco has its moments...every other month or so you may find something useful in your regional section...
You should come out to some auto x events in NJ/nyc area(ie giant stadium) thru motorsport NE.

were u at the bmw event in trenton back in june??

-d

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have not visited that site, but will, thanks for the link. And no I was not at the BMW event. I haven't owned a BMW since my M3 in 1997. I haven't even raced any of the cars in about 2 years. I may go to some PCA events next year however. I do miss them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.