IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone so I used to be a really active member back when I bought my brand new 2005 STI. I still have the car and it only has 29k original miles on it. Car runs but has not been driven in a few years. I am starting to get back into the car as things in life have changed. I love this car and want to get this thing back to it's glory. I would like to drop the car off at a reputable shop to have them go through it and get me a list of things I should repair, replace, and general maintenance. Also I'm sure there are plenty of things to do preventively that have been discovered or invented that this car really needs.

So the long winded question is who do you guys recommend? Thank You

Reactions: Karlot and mheyman

·
Premium Member
See about
6,532 Posts
You're in STI central - tons of good shops.
IAG
Andrew Tech
Element
. . . .

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
for the dmv (local to me, yay). i suggest Mach V Motorsports in sterling VA. aka fastwrx . com. I used to work there and saw the inner workings of the shop. the techs are super knowledgable, always up front and honest, affordable. they host local track days too. they are also an IAG Certified installer if you ever decide to build the motor. When i was there we did everything from general maintenance to all out builds making a good amount of power.

that said, IAG, Andrew tech, and moore are all also local and i have friends who go to all of them without issues. Personally, i trust mach v after working there and wont take my car anywhere else. but there are multiple quality shops in the area.

where are you located?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I wasn't sure who was still around that was recommended. Appreciate the input and advice.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for the dmv (local to me, yay). i suggest Mach V Motorsports in sterling VA. aka fastwrx . com. I used to work there and saw the inner workings of the shop. the techs are super knowledgable, always up front and honest, affordable. they host local track days too. they are also an IAG Certified installer if you ever decide to build the motor. When i was there we did everything from general maintenance to all out builds making a good amount of power.

that said, IAG, Andrew tech, and moore are all also local and i have friends who go to all of them without issues. Personally, i trust mach v after working there and wont take my car anywhere else. but there are multiple quality shops in the area.

where are you located?
I'm in Southern MD. Everyone I know that used to be on here has went to European cars it seems. Used to do a bunch of car meets but when my car was new I was also in my 20's lol. Things have changed as I guess I'm supposed to have a vet or old muscle car now 16 years later. 😂

Reactions: subiwoo and Karlot

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I'm in Southern MD. Everyone I know that used to be on here has went to European cars it seems. Used to do a bunch of car meets but when my car was new I was also in my 20's lol. Things have changed as I guess I'm supposed to have a vet or old muscle car now 16 years later. 😂
nice. not too far. i'm out in front royal. i too, used to go to meets all the time. the older i get the less i go. i'll typically do one car show/meet a year at this point. hopefully more racing next year, this year i have been buying/updating my house, and got engaged/planning a wedding so less racing for me lol.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Boxerfest is coming up.

yeah. idk if i'm gonna go this year. I went last year (well the last year they had it), and the autocross course got SOOOO small i had to drop to first gear in a few turns. i just couldnt really get into boost it was so dang small. Cant say i like the york fairgrounds for that. if they had a better autocross course i'd go. but without that, meh, it's a long drive for that. i miss when it was at fedex, ALOT more room for autocross.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
379 Posts
yeah. idk if i'm gonna go this year. I went last year (well the last year they had it), and the autocross course got SOOOO small i had to drop to first gear in a few turns. i just couldnt really get into boost it was so dang small. Cant say i like the york fairgrounds for that. if they had a better autocross course i'd go. but without that, meh, it's a long drive for that. i miss when it was at fedex, ALOT more room for autocross.
I've never been to one of these, not sure it's my cup of tea, and yeah it's a far drive. Maybe if it were at FedEX, I'd go to check it out. I'd like to see what people are building and talk with other Subie Fans. I think the vendors would also be fun to check out. But loudest exhaust competition doesn't appeal to me.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I've never been to one of these, not sure it's my cup of tea, and yeah it's a far drive. Maybe if it were at FedEX, I'd go to check it out. I'd like to see what people are building and talk with other Subie Fans. I think the vendors would also be fun to check out. But loudest exhaust competition doesn't appeal to me.
The show is fun. I honestly completely ignored the exhaust competition, didn’t even notice it Lol. I only ever saw it when watching the Boxerfest videos to try and find my car (which i am in a few of those for like .9 seconds), I just always would do the show then go to the autocross. And the york autocross just was not fun. It was wayyyy too small. If it was the same size as FedEx I’d go again, but without that I don’t have the desire to go

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.