IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 STi Limited, Wing, Ice Silver
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It had just come into the dealer while I was there for a slow tire leak fix. Saw the wing and stopped in my tracks.❤❤ Sat in it, walked around it, talked to everyone at the dealership: sales, service and other customers. Took it for gas and a few fly overs. ❤❤ I had to have it. So here I am with a 2020 WRX STi limited edition with 14K miles.

have been reading everything I can get my hands on. Learning to shift again as this one is not like things I drove in the 70s but I am getting better. No stalls yesterday. Found the activation point for the clutch.

It will be a low mileage, daily driver. Garaged also and maintained by my Subaru dealer. (Used for 10 years with no problem). We will have fun on those drives as I am retired.

Guess that is enough to start. Going to take a drive.

·
Super Moderator
9,244 Posts
Yeah, I'd recommend not having it maintained by a Subaru dealer. I had a car stop in recently that had been screwed by several dealers (and basically forced him into a motor replacement, but that's another story) and it's missing nuts and bolts all over the engine, as well as hoses not properly attached. The only reason I had this individual stop by is because I suspected a huge boost leak... Which the dealership could not find with their smoke test.

I ran a boost leak test and found a leak that absolutely destroyed the claim of the dealership using a smoke test machine, as even a low pressure smoke test would find this (I don't smoke test, I apply more boost than the map is setup to run and listen/use soapy water). The dealership took apart a fine running engine and put it back together with the below and gave it back to the customer. They blamed it on many things and were amazed at my simple process at finding the leak.

Automotive tire Gas Auto part Rim Automotive wheel system

Years ago, I got called into a Subaru dealer to put a new map on a car that was purchased and not running well. When I put a known good map on, it still did not run well. Long story short, I troubleshot the car to find a bad fuel pressure regulator. The tech had no clue what I was doing, which was very basic in nature.

So yeah, stay away from a Subaru dealership for maintaining your car. I have more stories, but what I just posted above accounts for a dealership in California, Colorado, and Nebraska.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We have the same plans my lady! This is the 2nd STI for me (05 STI, now 20 STI). '20 is best at an older age lol. I do not plan to mod myself, but* an axleback is highly recommended. It brings the voice out of the EJ! Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Have to admit to trading my 2022 Outback Touring XT for this. Hated the no buttons! Just enjoying the dash on this.
I'm not a fan of "no buttons" either. I have a 2018 Outback and would like to get a new model in a couple years, but they need to fix the "central command" concept in modern cars before I move on. Not sure that will happen though, as big screens seems like the norm in everything these days.

·
Registered
660 Posts
last time a dealer touched my sti they didn't bolt the washer resevoir back on, hanging by the wires and my front washer sprayer no longer works. they didn't put all the clips back in to hold the fender liners to the bumper and damaged the red hose from my TMIC to the turbo causing a boost leak. I wouldn't let them do anything but an oil change.

·
Premium Member
See about
6,414 Posts
Not that it matters, but I wonder how old the "old" lady actually is . . . I'm might be 64 but I can keep up with far to many kids . . in so many ways :) :) :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Way to go ma'am :cool:(y)

Reactions: mheyman

·
Premium Member
See about
6,414 Posts
The old lady is 71.
! ! ! ! Yer over the limit and will have to take it back ! ! ! !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Seriously, have fun :) :) :) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts