IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I got the rest of my TBE back from the coating shop. My ? is can I put my 3rd cat delete and my mid pipe on with out putting the Downpipe on.But I would like to put the 3rd cat delete and the midpipe on.

I don't have time today to take off the topmount and the heat sheild and fuss with trying to get the DP off. Is it possible to get it off DP off really easy from the underside if I have a lift and airtools or is it going to be just as big of a pain in the ass.

If I do just do the other two pipes, can I just leave the car Stage I and drive it like that for a little while till I have time to do the Downpipe or should I just leave it all off till I have time to do the whole thing.

Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hmm, so i guess no one has done this. Everyone just does everything at once

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yes! I actually did it without taking off the TMIC, you're lucky to have air tools, the biggest PITA was takign the heatshield off. Other than that if you soak the DP bolts and nuts with some PB uninstall should be a breeze. The whole process for me took three hours, but that's with just hand tools. The second time I installed a different downpipe, taking the whole thing out just took less than an hour. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i took off my IC but then its not necessary, it was annoying putting my IC back on too. you have the tools too, so it shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
dont need to remove the ic. i have big ass hands n still really had no problem. just make sure to soak the bolts like others said.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright guys thanks for the help. I know I talked to some people and they say take the intercooler off, but I really really didn't want to have to do that. I think I may see if I can give it all a go tomorrow.

Woohoo, i hope I havre some free time tomorrow. I can't wait to go Stage II

1 - 7 of 7 Posts