IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just ordered the bf imperial oil temp/oil press/egt gauges

what's the easiest way of connecting the two oil gauges? and will i need some adapter for them cause i read they are BSPT?

should i get an oil filter sandwich adpater or is it easier to find two galley locations and replace them with the threaded ones?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
for the install of my oil pressure gauge, the oil galley plug on the top of the motor was used. all i needed was the new galley plug and the crush ring (very important). i didn't need an adapter. imperials are npt and not bspt. the metric version, however, is bspt. it's probably easier to do two gauges w/ a sandwich adapter, but i have no personal experienence with that, so i'm not 100% sure.

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool.....there are three oil galley locations right?
where is the second one located? (not the drain one, i can't use that one.)

i just can't have any downtime for this install, my car gets shipped to FL the 29th, so i need the quickest part to do this.

if anything i was thinking of getting wrxtra's oil sandwich adapter since they are in MA.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
i just read that some people are using the greddy sandwich adapter for both their oil pressure and temp gauges. a sandwich adapter may be your best bet since you can attach both sensors to the same location. maybe try contacting adam at z1 in ny for a greddy.

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
adam at z1....

does subaru stock these plugs drilled? cause i can just run there since i have a gift card i can use.

and yea adam also has the gauge pod i want and the sandwich adapter but they don't take amex! i used my visa for the gauges but don't have enough for the rest.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
z1auto.com---they sell defi's, so i figure they probably have the greddy sandwich adapters. yes, the oil galley plugs and crush rings are oem parts. they may not stock them, but they can usually get them by the next day.

edit: call up ravspec. they def. should have them. not sure where they're located though.

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i got the defi meter hood from oakos 2nd day air, they had them on clearance.

i'm gonna go to subaru with the oil galley part number and see if i can get two of them...now where is the second location for the oil galley?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
get the crush washer too. it's a different part number. w/o it, oil will leak out of the plug (from my own personal experience). i'm not sure where the 2nd location is. i'll try and find out.

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i know the guy are suby always gives them to me....there's nothing else connected to these galleys either right like no stock sensors...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the front one has a stock sensor, i'm not screwing around with them

i'm going to find the greddy oil sandwich adapter since i can change the oil before it goes anyway.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
hmm..that's good to know. the sandwich adapter should be less of a hassle anyways.

·
How YOU Doin?
3,157 Posts
Keep this in mind. ALL Defi Oil Pressure sensor threads are 1/8"-28 BSPT. Even the imperials. If you buy the sandwich adapter, you will need a 1/8"-27 NPT to 1/8"-28 BSPT conversion fitting for the oil temp sensor. Most sandwich adapters have two BSPT threaded holes. If you buy one with NPT threaded holes, you'll need a BSPT to NPT fitting for the oil pressure sensor.

Confused yet?

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i did read that and that's what i wanted to check...
so i need ONE BSPT to NPT adapter since the greddy oil sandwich thing is all NPT...does home depot have these kind of adapters? i remember seeing things like that but i can't be sure.

·
How YOU Doin?
3,157 Posts

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the greddy thing looks like it comes with adapters i don't know...i guess i'll wait till it arrives then take a trip to some auto store asap to find a fitting....
stupid defi...gauges come tomorrow, z1 rocks...i also quickly bought the pod and greddy thing from him i hope it all comes tomorrow or at least the next day....since i gotta get pod painted!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts