IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading somewhere that it is best to be using non synthetic oil for the first few hundred miles on a new turbo. Is this true or should I get my synthetic oil changed to standard before I do my new turbo. Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have heard its good to run dino oil on a new engine to break in seals

but it shouldn't make on a new turbo
is your new turbo oil cooled?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually on line 2 is states to Change the engine oil and use a high-quality non-synthetic engine oil for turbocharger break-in. Should I go by this. What have other people done. Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
WRBSTI said:
Actually on line 2 is states to Change the engine oil and use a high-quality non-synthetic engine oil for turbocharger break-in. Should I go by this. What have other people done. Thanks.
I know, i typed before I actually read it, but i did edit my previous comment. And yes you should most definitely go by this, those guys have a top notch reputation!

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
You can use synthetic after break in is over. (1000 miles)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Blouch Turbo installed my dominator III turbo and they used my Royal Purple 5w-30 that I gave them and They had no problems with using the synthetic oil. They build turbos and install them for a living so if they think synthetic oil is ok, then it must be in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts