IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2019. At the peak of the virus I was hit with a bunch of OT at work and had absolutely no opportunity to do an oil change causing me to drive my car 2500 to 3000 miles over my typical maintenance schedule (stressed me out every time I drove my car). Question is, should i do an engine flush? I hear great things about Amsoil. Or should I just continue my maintenance like any other? Just trying to get the most life out of my car for the long run, but I've also heard horror stories as a result of an engine flush. I'm assuming the horror stories came from high mileage cars that werent maintained properly. Car has like 23k miles on it. Any advice is much appreciated..thanks doodz

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No need of engine flush, waste of money. Just do your regular drain oil, refill oil(of your choice), change oil filter, inspect underneath engine area/suspension/subframe while the under-cover is out. Follow the owners manual for your maintenance interval, Done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need of engine flush, waste of money. Just do your regular drain oil, refill oil(of your choice), change oil filter, inspect underneath engine area/suspension/subframe while the under-cover is out. Follow the owners manual for your maintenance interval, Done.
Thanks man. I was leaning more toward this approach but google fucks with ur head so I was second guessing myself

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mate just tell us striaght up how many miles did you put on what type of oil. Lol. Also who is changing it? You've already done at least 3 already?

Subaru advises 10,000km services to keep your warranty. They really push Motul and 5w40 for some reason, but any synthetic oil will work.

Check oil level every few thousand regardless. STI engine are known to be harsh on oil and will shed some. Manual says every second gas fill-up but that's a bit much.

Don't bother with any of those magic products on the autozone shelf they're made to pump profit and might be more harmful then helpful.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I would advise against doing those "magic" services like engine flush. Your car is still so new, i would just continue with your planned maintenance schedule. I would highly recommend you get the oil change done asap. No need for something race fancy like amsoil, there are plenty of other oil options.

If time is an issue, alot of places are doing pick up and delievery services. Some places will even offer you shuttle rides after dropping the car off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would advise against doing those "magic" services like engine flush. Your car is still so new, i would just continue with your planned maintenance schedule. I would highly recommend you get the oil change done asap. No need for something race fancy like amsoil, there are plenty of other oil options.

If time is an issue, alot of places are doing pick up and delievery services. Some places will even offer you shuttle rides after dropping the car off.
Finally had off today that's why I asked earlier lol. Took care of the oil change. Used Motul x-clean 5w-30 and picked up the filter from the dealer. Just wanted to run the idea of the flush by you guys. Oil was definitely on the lower side though. I appreciate it doodz. I used a different car to pick up the items, just fyi hhaha

·
Registered
921 Posts
The only time working as a tech when I recommended an engine flush was when an Audi didn't change their oil for 50k miles. 2-3k miles is nothing. Just change your oil like your normally do.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Drain it when the oil is still warm to hot. let it drain well (don't rush it) and it should be sitting flat or where the drain is lowest.
No need to flush.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
In the future, when you have to push mileage on an oil change with an engine like ours that consumes oil, I'd be a lot more focused on ensuring that your oil level is kept up. Running low on oil is much more detrimental than going even 2-3X your normal mileage interval.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts