IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First UOA on this vehicle, oil looks fine but iron levels. Any tips on things to look into?

No longer my daily driver, will probably only see a couple thousand kms/year here on out. No track/racing but some spirited driving and WOT here and there.
The first 50,000kms were short city trips and lots of stop and go driving. Maybe some wear attributed to that? Nowadays she gets some more highway driving.

Some bolt on upgrades (Cobb: downpipe, exhaust, intake, tuner) running OTS map.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How was the Motul Xcess 8100 5w40 for you? I just got my results back. But I was running Motul 10w40 breakin oil. Seems like the viscosity was thin to them, I also notice increase engine noise. I'm currently on the Motul Xcess 8100 5w40. I may go to the sport 5w50 though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am about to have my first analysis done after using E85 for the last 2k miles. The guy that tuned my car recommended Mobil 1 5w30 EP. He says they use it in all the Subaru's they work on. A woman that works at the shop also told me the the T6 I was using can cause rod bearing failure when I has them changing the oil I brought my own . :confused:.

Hopefully the results come back okay, the car has 37k and hasn't consumed any oil in the last almost 2k miles. I ran cobb stage 1+ for 15k miles and stage 1 OTS for 2k miles.

I also have Mobile one 0w40 European blend sitting at home that I will be putting next and getting another analysis done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts