IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:naughty: Well I had my car protuned last saturday by Hill at Agile Performance in Maryland. It was a great experience, everybody was nice and knowledgable. I don't have any real baseline numbers because I came in with cobb stg II and the first thing he did was install the GM boost solenoid and start with a base program. He said there was no need to do a baseline run because I guess they know by know how much they generally put down with stg II (somewhere around 280hp). All I know is that after about an hour of solid tunning time he had gotten me to 324 whp and 355wtq and wow is it smooth. It peaks between 20-21 psi of boost and tapers to 13-14 psi at redline. He was pleased with the numbers, but I was even more. He said for some reason the 06's seem to put down slightly better numbers than older models. He said it did ping even once and he still had two degrees of timing left in it, but agreed to leave that as a safety margin. I was really happy with those #'s considering all I have is 3" TBE, one step colder plugs, and the GM boost solenoid. The car pulls so much harder now and is so smooth, I couldn't be happier.

I will post up some pics a short vid or two and the dyno sheet soon, maybe today. I don't have a scanner so I might have to take a picture of it and see how that works.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Isn't it a fixed rate of $350 per tune set by Cobb?

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
wow im getting it soon, what are ur mods?

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
That's a lot of power for a protuned stg 2. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
actually those are "average" numbers... 40 Whp and more than that for torque are very common for a pro tune from Hill.....:tup:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car pulls so hard especially from mid to high rpm. It was $540 for the tune and the install of the GM solenoid. I installed the plugs, they were like $7 each and the solenoid and connector were $35 together (Agile wanted $60), but I tried to save money where I could.

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Is hill a high reading dyno? Impressive numbers nonetheless.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nice numbers!!! good guys at Agile i just had my Protune yesterday and all i can say is wow!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts