IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know you all spent the extra $$$ for the STi and all the STi badging came in that price but when I get my STi (in 05 :cry: ) i don’t want it to stick out or anyone to know its got all that power. so then if anybody wants to run, they would think there running a moded WRX or something. any one else want the stealthy look? I think right now i want to hide the car but sometimes id want to show it off. so is it possible to debadge the car? id maybe swap the wing, take out the fog light covers and maybe put those projectors, remove the door stickers, (that possible? easy?) and the trunk is no big deal. oh, another question, i know someone on the site removed the WRX badge using the fishing string method then used adhesive remover on the small stuff, does or did the adhesive remover hurt the paint or clear coat?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
first, i really don't understand the stealth thing. all that work and money so you can surprise (maybe) the occasional boy-racer in a 15 second street race, while 99.9% of the time you look like any other car. what are your plans for the brakes? they're a dead give away. you gonna put on crappy floating single piston brakes and tiny rotors just to be stealth? guess you'll swap in the smaller hood scoop. :roll: oh well, to each his own.

but to answer your question (sort of) all of this has been talked about. use the search near the top of the page (not the one on the left side; that doesn't work.) i'm normally more helpful and would give you links, but i'm buried in work at the moment and my 10 minutes stress break is almost...3..2...1....over.

:roll: :roll:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Wow.....someone trying to make an STi look like a WRX. I was just waiting for someone to attempt the opposite...but hey, the world's a cooky place, isn't it?

There is much more to the appearance of the STi than those things you mentioned. You're talking wheels, brakes, exhaust, hood scoop, front spoilers......

If you're really wanting to look like a WRX that much.....well, you know the rest of that statement. It'll save you a ton of time and money as well!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Chure ting maang

I can understand the stealth approach, but the guys are right. Any car guy will spot it in a second. Huge brakes with large gold calipers, $2800 set of BBS wheels, large debris catching hood scoop, front fascia, etc...

Clone is right, buy the WRX and mod that, it will save you some cash.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
gforced said:
Clone is right, buy the WRX and mod that, it will save you some cash.
to get the same all around performance you will definitely end up spending more money. Save money and buy the STi ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, let me say -- I understand what this guy wants!

1. Search for the trunk lid swap mod. You'll see a guy who swapped his STi wing for a WRX wingless trunk. You will add a couple extra pounds doing this since the STi trunk is aluminum and the WRX is steel.

2. Destickering & debadging is easy. Get yourself a hairdryer and dental floss. You don't really need adhesive remover, but WD40 is an old trick. Just go easy and wax afterward. I'm going to eventually take off the side sticker and the WRX on the back. Too much for my taste.

3. You can't easily change wheels since there aren't many alternatives that aren't more showy. (E.g., most are 18").

4. As for the hood scoop, I think you need to change the entire hood. Not sure about that. Adds pounds.

Other than the foglights, this is a cost-free upgrade. Or downgrade, depending on your point of view. :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:-? i think you guys are right, why destroy the car. i guess i just live around ppl whos attention i dont want to spark. i wasn’t even thinking of removing the hood scoop or trunk or brakes, id leave the hood scoop, just looks to cool and the wing i guess even though im not crazy about it. maybe id just get rid of the stickers and the impreza badge to give it a cleaner look. i guess also iv got the integra type R owner kinda mentality in my head. also, with the more attention you attract with this car, you also attract the attention of ppl who love vandalizing your nice shiny "ricer car" even though its a super car. its just happened to too many of my friends :(

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
ye, everything could be done, u will even get paid to swap your wing with WRX. Stickers can be removed with head gun and some other stuff...
u can put 2004 wrx foglights there easily also.. See JJs car..

Sniper007 said:
Now I know you all spent the extra $$$ for the STi and all the STi badging came in that price but when I get my STi (in 05 :cry: ) i don’t want it to stick out or anyone to know its got all that power. so then if anybody wants to run, they would think there running a moded WRX or something. any one else want the stealthy look? I think right now i want to hide the car but sometimes id want to show it off. so is it possible to debadge the car? id maybe swap the wing, take out the fog light covers and maybe put those projectors, remove the door stickers, (that possible? easy?) and the trunk is no big deal. oh, another question, i know someone on the site removed the WRX badge using the fishing string method then used adhesive remover on the small stuff, does or did the adhesive remover hurt the paint or clear coat?

·
Registered
251 Posts
SebringS2k said:
It'd probably be easier to get a WRX and swap in the STi engine...
Are you kidding? We can't even get FLOORMATS. What makes ya think anyone can get an entire driveline? :D

Sniper007, don't get discouraged. Do it -- you can get all the stuff done in a day, with WRX owners falling over themselves to swap hoods & trunks with you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts