IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
$7446.85 is nearly a quarter of the assumed price of the car. :eek: That's one hell of a commitment to the quality of your music. :D I think I might not go that far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,773 Posts
Does anyone think it's pretty dumb to pay that much for a system in your car when for 1/2 that you can have a kick ass full sized system in your home?

I dunno about you guys....I'm not in my car to do much other than driving!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
Does anyone think it's pretty dumb to pay that much for a system in your car when for 1/2 that you can have a kick ass full sized system in your home?

I dunno about you guys....I'm not in my car to do much other than driving!
I think it's pretty dumb. I mean I would like to have some decent system in my car, but $7k?! come on. Also, I don't want it to be louder than my engine. A nice exhaust sound = music to my ears!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Ya, if you're an audiophile i'd recommend getting a nice pair of headphones for the home. Good headphones are infinitely better than any speaker set-up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
I am planning to spend a MAXIMUM of 2.5K installed. I want:

Decent Headunit, must have MP3 capability (Alpine CDA-7995 does just fine)

Decent 5-Channel AMP (Alpine, Phoenix Gold, MTX, anything else?)

Custom Sub Box with a decent 12" Woofer and Amp Rack (trunk space b gone)

Decent Component Set(s) Front and Rear

And I don't want a 16-year old know-nothing installing it. I want a true car-audio professional. (aforementioned 16-year old originally installed my system in my current car- broke stuff, scratched stuff, etc)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,802 Posts
Gallery

No offense to anyone, but I just don't understand why you need a frickin DVD player in your car. You gonna watch movies while you drive? :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sennheiser hd-600 come to mind and nice quality headphone AMP!!!
www.headwise.com


chawklit said:
Ya, if you're an audiophile i'd recommend getting a nice pair of headphones for the home. Good headphones are infinitely better than any speaker set-up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
U can tripp after clubbing.. lol..

MKIVSupra said:
No offense to anyone, but I just don't understand why you need a frickin DVD player in your car. You gonna watch movies while you drive? :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Subaru performance oriented or just plain cheap?

PG is more $$$$. Def. quality stuff..

HunterA said:
THis is my for sure system Phoenix Gold amp pounding the hell out of a JL 12W7, the rest im still pondering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
u calculated the total?

crazytrain said:
$7446.85 is nearly a quarter of the assumed price of the car. :eek: That's one hell of a commitment to the quality of your music. :D I think I might not go that far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Dude, screw the Sennheissers :D , go for the Grado RS1's with accompanying amp. Now that's an audiophile set-up.
Ahhhhh, sweet sweet RS1's......<drool>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Hill-Holder System

I am a boring person, and I had to know. I can't verify total accuracy, though. Even though I had a math major, I'm pretty sloppy with numbers.

amdmaxx said:
u calculated the total?

crazytrain said:
$7446.85 is nearly a quarter of the assumed price of the car. :eek: That's one hell of a commitment to the quality of your music. :D I think I might not go that far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HD-600, I heard both, 600s are better.. Try listening to both with an amp..


chawklit said:
Dude, screw the Sennheissers :D , go for the Grado RS1's with accompanying amp. Now that's an audiophile set-up.
Ahhhhh, sweet sweet RS1's......<drool>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
I don't want to spend numbers into that $7k range. But if I want to look for places on the weekends and vacations to "play" with the car on some open roads I want to add in a navigational part to the system. Now I'm looking at $3k and more. I found an Alpine system that is just perfect for the dash space, and a great pro to install it. Now it's just convincing myself that I can't do without it.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top