IW STi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It feels good to be back in my car:D I was driving either my Moms '05 Cherokee or my '95 Legacy for the past 5 days since the Air Races aren't in the best area exactly(although there was a vert RT/10 Viper:eek: ). I got used to the slowness/bad handling of both, although the funniest part was when I was having to re-aquaint myself today with the tranny in the STI when I was going to pick up some of the air show photos I had enlarged. My leg was pretty much launching off the clutch, since the Jeep is a auto and the Legacy's clutch pedal is so soft you barely feel it:lol:. I got on her hard to show her I didn't forget she likes it that way once all the foreplay(warmup) was done:D

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Yeah, I went for about a month without mine because I had it torn apart for the '05 hub/bearing conversion. Funny thing is that it only took about 12 hours to do the work, the car sat around due to issues with wheel fitment.

Now I've got everything together, I got a whole three days worth of driving time before an ugly install bug showed itself. So now the car is sitting again until I can track that down.

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
noooo i felt that way ... when i had my car , i used to drive my dads car sometimes ....it was so bad going from the rav 4 to the sti . BIG diff

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i feel u, i went from my suby, someone rear ended me n then someone backed into me in the SAME DAMN DAY...i was in uniform too, when i got out the girl and guy in each accident went pale, lol anyway

i went from the suby to an auto pontiac g6, then to my gf 350z 6sp...needless to say when i saw my baby again i giggled like a school girl on a windy day as i drove off, thank god for the sti

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
DARKSTI said:
It feels good to be back in my car:D I was driving either my Moms '05 Cherokee or my '95 Legacy for the past 5 days since the Air Races aren't in the best area exactly(although there was a vert RT/10 Viper:eek: ). I got used to the slowness/bad handling of both, although the funniest part was when I was having to re-aquaint myself today with the tranny in the STI when I was going to pick up some of the air show photos I had enlarged. My leg was pretty much launching off the clutch, since the Jeep is a auto and the Legacy's clutch pedal is so soft you barely feel it:lol:. I got on her hard to show her I didn't forget she likes it that way once all the foreplay(warmup) was done:D
I know how you feel. The air races are in a bad area. I am in a 06 Jeep Laredo rental since my STI is in the body shop, and I must tell you it sucks azz. I an not used to driving something so slow. I may return the rental and dust of the M3 for some driving time.

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
I love driving my friend's GTI then jumping into the STi. Makes me appreciate everything alot more. From the feel of the clutch, accelleration, handling, and the throw. Makes me love driving my car even more. :D

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Its nice to have a performance car. If you ever spend any time driving a more plebian vehicle and then come back to the car it really reaffirms why you bought it in the first place. I cant imagine driving a borring car daily, I think I would go crazy insane.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Tortfeasor STi said:
Its nice to have a performance car. If you ever spend any time driving a more plebian vehicle and then come back to the car it really reaffirms why you bought it in the first place. I cant imagine driving a borring car daily, I think I would go crazy insane.
Most of the time I drive my beater Hyundai Tiburon to work and around town for mule duties. The STi gets driven "when I feel like it." I think it's nice to have a quiet, economical, laid back car to use on a daily basis.

I love every second I spend in the Subaru, but it's relaxing to drive a car you consider disposable. You don't have to be on the lookout for potholes, flying debris, stupid drivers, and there's no wacky anti-ding parking lot strategies.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
ryan i feel u:naughty:

·
Registered
166 Posts
DARKSTI said:
Wow, guess no one has felt the same way ;) :D
I have a Golf 1.8T as a DD. I drive the Suby about once a week for fun, but now its coming to an end since I live in Wisconsin. Its been a few weeks due to all the rain and cold temps. Took her out yesterday and I launched at every stopsign and stoplight for a good 2 miles. Wheel Spin FTW. :lol:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
DARKSTI said:
I got on her hard to show her I didn't forget she likes it that way once all the foreplay(warmup) was done:D
:D :tup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts