IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3886 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
*************This is now the official street racing thread. All street racing stories belong in this thread, and this thread only.***************

I recently got my sti but unfortunetly have not been able to race anything respectable.

I was wondering what other people have come across, wins or losses.

I've taken a 95 m3 (modded with chip, exhaust, intake, etc) and it was easy. 2001 mustang gt, no contest... 3000gtvr4 easy...

I hear a lot or sti's killing the comp but has anyone been beaten?

I would like to hear people stories, has anyone had an evo8 yet?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Personally, racing on the streets is very stupid :x ....just my 2 cents. :wink: All that does here in Hawaii is just cause all types of trouble and hassles from the police for the ones who don't race but love cars. I had to hold out from racing from stupid asses that come up on the side revving and even chirping their tires. AND to begin, they could not even touch the STI. Not saying that I would race a car worthwhile. :lol:
But racing on the streets could bring very serious consequences which very well could be your life and other innocent lifes. Imagine surviving but learning you killed someone. Man, what a burden that would be to carry for the rest of your life???
Well, something to ponder.....

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
well lemme see.....

s4 on the freeway, no contest
modded mustang GT on the freeway, no contest
focus svt, dont know what the hell he was thinking...wasnt even racing and still smoked him
350z from a 20 mph roll, good 2-3 cars back by end of 4th
modded evo, not really a race but damn was that thing fast
best race was prob between my lil brother and I...hes got a modded rsx type s- from a 25mph roll. never left my back bumper all the way up to 4th...damn was i impressed!

this has been over a period of about 5 months...keep it safe :wink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
hehehe i raced my S4 against my old STi that my friend now has and he got left far behind. of course this was a 430+hp S4 vs a stock STi and before i modded my car he could take me easily :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
um noone will race me. except stupid ass hemi ram wich i could tell story it was funny
he was laughing at wing and called me rice! oh no u didnt! so i puled up to it and said
that thing got a hemi in it? he says iam gonna show u my hemi ass so i then give him 5 truck lengths and was past him before third gear

·
Registered
63 Posts
I not a fan of street racing either, but everyone tend to stay far away from me of give me the thumbs up when i am driving my sti. Its funny as hell when i will be going speed limit 45mph and eveyone else behind me goes 40mph. maybe they did their research.

ps. When i drive my grocery getting, loud exhaust 92 accord little of not mods its totally diffrent. Thats when I'll be chilling with my family and everyone and their granny wants to race and tailgates me. I will say to myself "wait here and let me go get my awd weapon and then you can rev and get humiliated." But then call me a punk if you may but while driving the sti i never race it but laugh and shake my head at the few want to get devoured. Yet, i have had 2 0-60mph races in my 92 16sec accord (when other cars challenge, I accept just to see how fast they will and can go).
LESSON TO BE LEARNT ABOUT STREET RACING:
1. DANGEROUS
2. MOST IDIOTS WHO CHALLENGE THE STI KNOW THEY WILL LOOSE AND SOMETIME BADLY, BUT JUST WANT TO SEE HOW FAST IT GOES (AND HOW MUCH YOU ARE WILLING TO PUSH IT).

(even though it is sometime hard to fight every urge to race when its time to put arrogant punk in his place)
REMEMBER THeSe 2points AND Be SMART ABOUT IT GUYS :wink: :wink:
sorry if this sounded like a lecture.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I raced a 2002 vette and was winning at the 1/8 but lost by about a car and a half in the 1/4. His dad is a local mechanic in town so I don't know how close to stock it is.. Also raced a souped up 88 mustang gt the same night.. he hooked up better than the vette but I still got him in the 1/8th and lost by about half a car in the 1/4. My STi is still stock with some stereo equipment installed.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Well...street racing is dangerous...ok now that i said that...kills as follows:
01 corvette...maybe he was scared to go faster than 140 but he couldnt pass me(about three miles)
02 audi s4...couldnt hang...had to do some bobbin and weavin...he backed off and here comes the staties...i put it to the floor and didnt look back!(that was bad i know)
a very irritated porsche 911...i was mindin my own business..in the high lane doin 85 and he comes screamin up on me...i wouldnt move over..he tried to pass,DOWNSHIFT! we stayed together till 148mph then he backed off...he pulled up on me later and gave me a big thumbs up!
AND....YES I BEAT AN EVO 8 NOT ONCE BUT TWICE(SAME GUY) i got bound up in traffic..he got in front we were doin 125 and i saw my window and took him out!!! I know he's still lookin for me but he wont beat me!
late model ss camaro on the way home today...no you cant pass me!
and...A close call with an Infiniti G35 coupe...this guy was nuts...I tried to lay off but my wife wouldnt hear of it..."your gonna let that kid beat you" she says...I was on my way to N.E. Dragways ...rt 495n he stayed with me till 145 then he hit his limit..i didnt.
and lastly I know i shouldnt have...but the first night i got the car bout 1am...I'm gettin some ultra94 and this 72 camaro pulls up at the light...revs his engine, i look up, he revs again,I smile and it looks like I'm gonna give the thumbs up...BUT I DONT HE GETS THUMBS DOWN! He smokes his tires at the lite, turns around and pulls in..."you think you can take me?" I said uh YEAH! Completely stock...it wasnt even a race...five cars easy...after i smoked him he pulls up beside me and says"Oh i didnt realize that was an STI...yeah right..
For all those that doubt, thats ok, I dont go out of my way to race anyone...i am on the road alot in mass and r.i...(job related)..and everyone thinks they are Mario Andretti when they see the car...their BAD!
I dont suggest to anyone to do this...it is very dangerous and a couple of times i thanked GOD for those BREMBO's. they saved my ass...cause you never know what the other people are gonna do. Be careful out there and NO RACIN! Yeah ok...I spent 30k to look fast? And please I'm to old to be preached to...so save it for the kids...Peace

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
RadarOnPaws said:
salisburyv said:
i wouldnt move over
My pet peeve... people who decide they have the right to set the speed limit for the fast lane...
damn! you hit it on the nose! i wish i had a huge flashing sign for those arse-holes that read "Move Over you Left Lane Dick!"

·
Registered
348 Posts
Also a pet peeve of mine.

Not sure I should admit this, but...I read Ann Landers (mostly for the entertainment value of reading all these little insignificant problems that helpless dolts can't solve for themselves). Anyways, a couple days ago, a woman wrote in that her husband always tells her to get in the right lane if she's not passing anyone, but she doesn't feel it is necessary. So, she wanted Ann Landers (well, not Ann Landers since she is dead - it's the two idiots who now answer the column) to settle the dispute. Basically they said to stay out of the left lane if you are not passing since this is one of the top causes of road rage and that most states have laws for drivers to stay out of the passing lane unless passing. It just irks me that someone even has to ask this question.

I have had more than one person tell me that they like riding the passing lane "because it is smoother". YES, more than one person has said this to me.

Note: I don't know about you, but I see FAR more women than men riding the fast lanes.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Salisburyv's kill stories remind me of a few sayings I have...

I don't care how fast you can go - it's how quickly you get there that matters.

and

It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you will go.

-Ollie

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
felonious, Amen to that...and as my monicker states...I OWN THE HIGH LANE! If i was in my chevy i would have moved over...but it was a porsche...c'mon a little slack here...sounds like we are splitting hairs...I know the left lane is for passing...It's just I have become so used to being there it feels like home :p

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
felonious said:
Salisburyv's kill stories remind me of a few sayings I have...

I don't care how fast you can go - it's how quickly you get there that matters.

and

It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you will go.

-Ollie
for me it's about getting there "my way" regardless of if i'm faster or not.

that is why i hate lane hogs and drivers who don't pay attention to their surroundings.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Best way I found is just to sit behind those stuped lane siters with the 4-ways on. It teds to make them move faster than flashing the high beems :evil:

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
timmy1 said:
Best way I found is just to sit behind those stuped lane siters with the 4-ways on. It teds to make them move faster than flashing the high beems :evil:
Or just drive a white or black crown victoria with hubcaps ... they'll move away from you if you tailgate them real close ...

This is definitely going to be my dream car (besides my STi), a Crown Vic with the Police Interceptor Package... all black .. no more ricers messing with me.. and I'm serious :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
I just about bought one of those last year. It looked just like above but it had the chrome dog dish hubcaps and very dark tint around.
Not just for getting people out of your way. Very good for not getting speeding tickets. ;)

1 - 20 of 3886 Posts