IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here they are again, in PDF format, the official Specs (everything minus pricing) for the 2004 USDM Impreza WRX-STi.

I'm getting more impatient everytime I look at them. :D

STi Specs

Like I said, this is in PDF format, so if you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, get it for free at:

http://www.adobe.com

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is it me or does the regular WRX come with a lot of the "fun" goodies over the performance ones?

Moonroof, rear wiper, etc...

I guess they really tried to keep the cost down for the STi.

but if you are in New ENgland the rear wiper and defrost just has to be standard....

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Care for a preveiw?

moonroof....yup, not necessary and often considered a no-nonsense delete.

And unless you were looking at getting a wagon, the WRX/RS sedans don't get the rear wipers either. The STi elsewhere in the world gets that wiper. That would weigh a whole 3 lbs.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think it is interesting to note that every model Integra came with a moon roof except one. The Type R which also happened to be the most expensive one. Now don't quote me on the standard moon roof thing. Just something a dealer told me once.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Re: don't dissapointing

Why worry about being able to see out the rear view? The big wing spoiler obscures your view so a rear window wiper would kinda be useless :lol:

·
Registered
410 Posts
darwood said:
I think it is interesting to note that every model Integra came with a moon roof except one. The Type R which also happened to be the most expensive one. Now don't quote me on the standard moon roof thing. Just something a dealer told me once.
Yep Type R didn't have an optional or standard Moon Roof. In fact the 97' Type R(the first and by far rarest year it was offered) was real hardcore. It didn't have a rear wiper, air conditioning and a few other things that later Type R's did have. My 2000 Type R had A/C and rear wiper. Made the car cost about 800.00 more and added weight. The Type R beats the RSX like a trailer park kid in my opinion. And i have flogged both extensively. Now if the RSX Type R(integra type r still in japan) comes here with the 20 more hp and all the other goodies associated with the R Logo, well then we'll see which is better.

·
Registered
410 Posts
ha-evolution said:
97 Type R had A/C available as an option though. I owned #154 and it had AC installed by the dealer.
Yep sure did. In fact the salesperson who sold me my type r back in 1999.12 used to work for an Acura Dealership in Houston. When i complained about the 2000 type R having A/C standard and previous years didn't he had something interesting to say. He said all the 97/98 type R's they got in had A/C installed in them before they were put out for sale. I asked if any customers complained about them doing that and he said "hell no, you ever live in Houston. It's a damn sauna. They Thanked us!". I thought that was pretty funny. I have been to houston in the summer and its ridicalicalous HOT!! So that does manke sense. Peace!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Same for Phoenix. There is a reason no one buys Mustang Corba R's there. A/C is not a luxury in some places.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can u get an STi with a moon roof? i test drove a WRX a few weeks ago, and he told me the 03's roofs are too small to put in a moon roof. You'd have to get it aftermarket.

Anyone no?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where can i get a good price on a Scooby?

I thought moon roofs are not an option because it will degrade the handling performance of the car.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i was reading all the speed times of the STi vs. EVO 8 in one of the other forums, and it said 0-100 in like 13 someodd seconds... thats incredible, i cant even get to 60 in that time... i can t wait to get an STi, but i might start out with a WRX just so i dont kill myself , lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
I suppose it has an aluminized steel exhaust...not stainless. They don't mention what it is, so I would think that they would boast if it were stainless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anybody else notice that the STi is the heaviest of all the impreza's in the spec sheet. It has lightweight wheels, aluminum hood, etc. Can anybody explain why it's heavier?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts